No one is talking about Broadwell - E CPUs

Why do you think no one is talking about new broadwell - e cpus from Intel ? Do you think that reviews will come later ?

Right now their OC ability is crap, which I guess was kind of expected. There have been some topics here and there about the cpu lineup in general but most people seem to either be sticking with Broadwell or waiting for Skylake-E

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Haswell for life 5820k, got mine for ($300 new)... next intel 6-core costs unlocked chip is the 6800k for $140 more and the only improvement is .1hz.

This is followed by the 5930k which is nearly double the price ($550) of the 5820k at only .2hz higher.

Why would I ever want a Broadwell or Skylake?

Plus the 5820k overclocks to 4.5hz :)

1 minute ago, TriFlix Films said:

Haswell for life 5820k, got mine for ($300 new)... next intel 6-core costs unlocked chip is the 6800k for $140 more and the only improvement is .1hz.

This is followed by the 5930k which is nearly double the price ($550) of the 5820k at only .2hz higher.

Why would I ever want a Broadwell or Skylake?

Plus the 5820k overclocks to 4.5hz :)

Higher end chips at the same clock speeds have more PCIe lanes.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Cause they are for inventors to see that Intel is doing what it said.
Users will wait for Skylake-E (since perf. difference in BW-e is minimal), or don't plan to buy them till price drops (Skylake-E).

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

I need cores for video editing... what's the cheapest 6+core unlocked Broadwell, Broadwell-E, or Skylake hmmmm? Anywhere near $300? @Ryoutarou97

17 minutes ago, TriFlix Films said:

I need cores for video editing... what's the cheapest 6+core unlocked Broadwell, Broadwell-E, or Skylake hmmmm? Anywhere near $300? @Ryoutarou97

You could grab one of these, but you have to find a cheap X79 2011 motherboard.  The mobos are going for around $250:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2670-2-60-Ghz-20-Mb-8-Core-CPU-Processor-SR0KX-C2-115W-/201492692369?hash=item2ee9e67d91:g:O~gAAOSwUfNXRma2

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Right now their OC ability is crap, which I guess was kind of expected. There have been some topics here and there about the cpu lineup in general but most people seem to either be sticking with Broadwell or waiting for Skylake-E

So do you think that there wont be any reviews from linus ?

And should I choose 5820K or 6800K for video editing ?

4 minutes ago, dominik2905 said:

And should I choose 5820K or 6800K for video editing ?

I would say there will be reviews from Linus but probably after Computex is over with.

As for video editing I would go with the 5820K, it's almost identical to the 6800K but cheaper.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I would say there will be reviews from Linus but probably after Computex is over with.

As for video editing I would go with the 5820K, it's almost identical to the 6800K but cheaper.

So do you think that I should wait for review ? And if they would cost the same, would there be any reason to go for 6800k ?

Edited by dominik2905

Just now, dominik2905 said:

So do you think that I should wait for review ? And if they would cost the same, would there be any reason to go for 6800k

I would wait for more reviews to come out, the hope is that in another month or two the better chips will drop which can OC better. Right now the 5820K is a better overclocker compared to the 6800K but that could change.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I am sorry but what do you mean by better chips will drop down ?

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I would wait for more reviews to come out, the hope is that in another month or two the better chips will drop which can OC better. Right now the 5820K is a better overclocker compared to the 6800K but that could change.

2 minutes ago, dominik2905 said:

I am sorry but what do you mean by better chips will drop down ?

Better chips in the fact they will be able to OC further on the same voltage compared to the current ones.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Better chips in the fact they will be able to OC further on the same voltage compared to the current ones.

Ok, thank you for help, but do you mean different chips or just same chips but with improved manufacturing ?

2 hours ago, stconquest said:

You could grab one of these, but you have to find a cheap X79 2011 motherboard.  The mobos are going for around $250:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2670-2-60-Ghz-20-Mb-8-Core-CPU-Processor-SR0KX-C2-115W-/201492692369?hash=item2ee9e67d91:g:O~gAAOSwUfNXRma2

I love mine.

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

Difference between brodwell e and haswell e isnt very big. plus the high end bordwell chips and very expensive