cryorig r1 ultimate vs cooler mastser nepton 240?

dwang040

As the title says.

r1 ultimate: it's quieter and it looks amazing (i will be running with a three fan config) 

HOWEVER, i haven't checked if it fits in the phantek m acrylic case, i'm sure it will, and whether or not the squeeze will be that bad with my hyperX ram.

cooler master nepton: Well, it cools better, and I don't have to worry about it fitting in my case.

So yeah, what do you think? And here's my janky excel sheet if you're wondering why i choose them... It's pretty sketchy and i'm sure it's not the best way to choose... but oh well.

Fyi: final thoughts is based off of the reviews on tweaktown. Basically, if the cooler scored a 95% overall grade, the final thoughts score would be 5 (100-95). if it's 97%, then a 3 (100-97).

coolers.xlsx

Okay, the phantek pro m acrylic is bigger so size isn't issue, i guess it comes down to clearance. I'm sure the Kingston hyperX counts as low profile ram...

41 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Okay, the phantek pro m acrylic is bigger so size isn't issue, i guess it comes down to clearance. I'm sure the Kingston hyperX counts as low profile ram...

Ram model? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Right, i just checked. Ram is kingston hyperX fury, which is 34.04 mm tall, However, the cryorig says 30-35mm... I mean, I could easily switch over to the corsair vengence lpx, which according to toms hardware, is only 31mm tall. The only reason I choose the hyperX was because of the color scheme. white and black... but I mean, whatever works (It's not like i'm going to see the yellow.)

8 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Right, i just checked. Ram is kingston hyperX fury, which is 34.04 mm tall, However, the cryorig says 30-35mm... I mean, I could easily switch over to the corsair vengence lpx, which according to toms hardware, is only 31mm tall. The only reason I choose the hyperX was because of the color scheme. white and black... but I mean, whatever works (It's not like i'm going to see the yellow.)

Either fit just fine. 

And to answer the previous question: Neither are low profile. Standard profile ram is ~30mm tall. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Oh okay. Thanks for the info. Just wondering, what is your opinion cooling? cooler master or cryorig? I mean, i'm paying more for the cryorig since I'm getting a 3rd fan for cooling, but do you think paying an extra 30 is worth the less noise? 

you dont need 3 fans on the r1, but id deffo get the r1 if case space is not as issue. i have one and its amazing and so quiet.

Thank you for the info. btw, do you have your cpu overclocked? Because i'm thinking about overclocking a 6600k or a 6700k (don't know which since I want this pc to last through 4 years of college and be able to do more complicated cad stuff and 3d renderings in the future if I ever get good at it). Personally, I think the cooler looks amazing too.