i7-5820k, i7-6800k or wait for Skylake-e

3 minutes ago, Evann said:

I think i'll go for the 5820k then... easy math..

6800k = more IPC

5820k = more OC Clockspeed

--> balance

5820k is 70€ cheaper. --> Deal.

what about the I7-6700? the bass clock is 4Ghz

3 minutes ago, LTD3000 said:

what about the I7-6700? the bass clock is 4Ghz

2 less cores. 2 less memory channels....less pci-e lanes...less cache...

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

4 minutes ago, LTD3000 said:

what about the I7-6700?

mh... i don't know.. i think it would easly be enough power for me, but it be to "boring" (?) ... 

.. i am not one of these guys that build a PC, throw it in the edge, and as long as it works - its fine. No.

And 6 Core sounds so much cooler than 4 core :P..... don't forget the Cache.. PCI-e Lanes etc.

If at all i'd go for the Xeon E3 1230v5 and OC it via BLCK. Price/Performance is just better - and i don't need that IGP..

And at the end of the day... i'd call myself an "enthusiast" :) 

1 minute ago, Method said:

2 less cores. 2 less memory channels....less pci-e lanes...less cache...

arrr ok I see sorry

1 minute ago, LTD3000 said:

arrr ok I see sorry

If we're talking gaming only, sure. 6700k all the way. In fact, some benchmarks show 6700k as being faster than 6950x purely because of it's single threaded performance. Different workloads for different folks.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

Don't know if anyone has said this already in this thread, its called kaby lake :P

1 minute ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

Don't know if anyone has said this already in this thread, its called kaby lake :P

Isnt that still only going to be 4 cores? Supposed to be just a refresh/optimization of skylake

Now i got 3 things to decide from:

i7-5820k - awesome price performance / 6 Cores / 15MB Cache / lot of PCIe-Lanes  - already 2 Years old..

Xeon e3 1230v5 - even better price performance / 4 Cores / 8MB Cache / Can be OC'ed / cheaper and better IPC

Wait for Skylake-e ...

Damn... buying a new Computer is so damn hard.. not because of building, because of deciding for hardware.. don't wanna "waste" 400 bucks and dislike my build the day skylake-e gets released...

Honestly with the money your spending on quality parts to put in your rig now, you might find that you don't even care about any new processor release for a while as your PC will be running all the software you throw at it like a beast anyway :)

althgh I totally understand where you are coming from!

and I hope you are happy with your decision you make.

On 7 June 2016 at 8:32 PM, Evann said:

Now i got 3 things to decide from:

i7-5820k - awesome price performance / 6 Cores / 15MB Cache / lot of PCIe-Lanes  - already 2 Years old..

Xeon e3 1230v5 - even better price performance / 4 Cores / 8MB Cache / Can be OC'ed / cheaper and better IPC

Wait for Skylake-e ...

Damn... buying a new Computer is so damn hard.. not because of building, because of deciding for hardware.. don't wanna "waste" 400 bucks and dislike my build the day skylake-e gets released...

Honestly with the money your spending on quality parts to put in your rig now, you might find that you don't even care about any new processor release for a while as your PC will be running all the software you throw at it like a beast anyway :)

1 minute ago, LTD3000 said:

I rethought all that again... and i think i'll keep my recent rig (i5 6600) for some more Months.. lets see what Skylake-x, Zen, and caby lake have to offer. :)