Need help with Breadth First Search C#

straight_stewie

EDIT:: A short while after posting this, I spilled a drink on my keyboard. While my keyboard was spazzing out, it managed to highlight and delete a significant portion of this program, and then save it! How lucky is it that I posted it here?

So for fun, I'm trying to find the largest sum of any path in a pyramid. What I have done is generate an int[,] of the graph, and also an int[,][] adjacency list where the index of the list of adjacent nodes is the same as the index of the current node in the graph. The graph has multiple levels (0-14). For the first iteration, I need to find the sums between level 0 and 1. Then I need to replace level 1 with the sums. After the first iteration, an extra step is added: I need to find the sums between level 1 and level 2, remove the lowest sum (from each individual comparison), and replace level 2 with the sums. Rinse and repeat until the end of the pyramid is found. 

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this...

Here's my program so far, all it does is read a text file, generate the graph, and generate an adjacency list. Also included is the text file of the graph.

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            string path = @"F:\ProjectEuler\REALMASTER\MasterSolution\MasterSolution\Pyramid.txt";
            int[,] myPyramid = GetPyramid(File.ReadAllLines(path), 15);
            int[,][] listMe = AdjacencyList(myPyramid, 15);

// PYRAMID SEARCH HERE!!!!!!!!!

}

private static int[,] GetPyramid(string[] referenceMe, int dimension) // Takes a string[] and a square dimensions and returns an int[,].
        {
            int[,] myPyramid = new int[dimension, dimension];
            int rowIndex = 0;
            int colIndex = 0;
            string temp = "";

foreach (string reference in referenceMe)                         //This loop takes a weird string array and properly puts it in a 2d array.
            {
                char[] charContain = reference.ToCharArray();

for (int i = 0; i < charContain.Length; i++)
                {
                    if (charContain[i] != ' ')
                        temp += charContain[i];

else
                    {
                        myPyramid[rowIndex, colIndex] = Convert.ToInt32(temp);
                        colIndex++;
                        temp = "";
                    }
                }

colIndex = 0;
                rowIndex++;
            }

for (int i = 0; i < 14; i++)  // This loop delimits the end of all rows except the last one with "10000", useful later.
                myPyramid[i, 14] = 10000;

return myPyramid;
        }

private static int[,][] AdjacencyList(int[,] graph, int depth)        //Generates an adjacency list of type int[,][].
        {
            int stopMe = depth - 1;
            int[,][] adjacencyList = new int[depth, depth][];
            int rowIndex = 0;
            int colIndex = 0;

foreach (int mine in graph) 
            {
                if (mine == 10000)  // If we hit the row delimiter, move to the next row and reset the column.
                {
                    rowIndex++;
                    colIndex = 0;
                }

if (rowIndex == stopMe) // If we have reached the last row, stop.
                    break;

else if (mine != 0 && mine != 10000) // Add an array of integers where they are the nodes connected to the same indices on the graph.
                {
                    adjacencyList[rowIndex, colIndex] = new int[] { graph[rowIndex + 1, colIndex], graph[rowIndex + 1, colIndex + 1] };
                    colIndex++;
                }
            }

return adjacencyList;
        }

Pyramid.txt

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

I honestly have no idea. What are you trying to achieve?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

EDIT:: A short while after posting this, I spilled a drink on my keyboard. While my keyboard was spazzing out, it managed to highlight and delete a significant portion of this program, and then save it! How lucky is it that I posted it here?

That's why source control exists...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

1 minute ago, Nuluvius said:

That's why source control exists...

And Git/GitHub.............

And OneDrive........... (where all my projects and files are saved online)

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

And Git/GitHub.............

And OneDrive........... (where all my projects and files are saved online)

I currently prefer Bitbucket for personal use.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

3 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

I currently prefer Bitbucket for personal use.

IDK what that is so yeah...............

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

IDK what that is so yeah...............

Link.