IPMI remote management not working

So on my server I've had IPMI set up, it worked fine with everything including remote desktop control using my gaming PC. Its been two weeks with my gaming PC down for an RMA, its now rebuilt. The problem is now when I go through IPMI from my gaming pc, I cant remote control it anymore. I get "500 internal server error". The only changes have been the display driver, it was the integrated, then i put in a 760 and then a 5870, tried IPMI with 5870, realized it was based around the integrated graphics so I took out the 5870, and then I could see the desktop in the IPMI preview of the server, but still got the same server when trying to remote in. Nothing has changed with the IPMI configuration, so im not sure whats causing this problem.

Walked away for 30 min, came back, now the preview inst even popping up using the integrated graphics. The server is definitely running with a desktop and everything, its right beside me.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Have you updated java? 99% of IPMI/iLo/iDRAC issues are related to good 'ol Java.

10 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Have you updated java? 99% of IPMI/iLo/iDRAC issues are related to good 'ol Java.

Yeah I've tried, also restarting my browser, as well as trying IE (I was tough, I had to try), chrome, and edge. no luck.

everytime i connect it prompts me to update java and I do, still comes up.

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

57 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Yeah I've tried, also restarting my browser, as well as trying IE (I was tough, I had to try), chrome, and edge. no luck.

everytime i connect it prompts me to update java and I do, still comes up.

Make sure both 32 bit and 64 bit java are up to date. I have an issue with our call center software at work where my computer auto-updates the 64 bit Java, but our call center software only uses the 32 bit Java.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

1 hour ago, brwainer said:

Make sure both 32 bit and 64 bit java are up to date. I have an issue with our call center software at work where my computer auto-updates the 64 bit Java, but our call center software only uses the 32 bit Java.

thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it did not work.

Might have to schedule some downtime to poke around the bios, see if something is off for its configuration.

Make sure under Control Panel > Java > Security, that the IPMI address is added under trusted. I'd add it both as http and https.

5 hours ago, Mikensan said:

Make sure under Control Panel > Java > Security, that the IPMI address is added under trusted. I'd add it both as http and https.

doing this seemed to enable  me to run the file as web start, and when opened it does open a connection, problem is I only can see like 2/3 the screen, its insanely laggy, and the taskbar and right portion of the screen are cut off.

46 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

doing this seemed to enable  me to run the file as web start, and when opened it does open a connection, problem is I only can see like 2/3 the screen, its insanely laggy, and the taskbar and right portion of the screen are cut off.

As in the screen you're working on is there but it's teribly zoomed in as if it doesn't properly scale?

1 hour ago, Windspeed36 said:

As in the screen you're working on is there but it's teribly zoomed in as if it doesn't properly scale?

I wouldn't say its zoomed in, it's the proper scale as far as pixel to pixel, but its not the full screen.

The areas cut off appear white. And looking at my server hooked up to a display, I do actually have full control over the entire screen, even the white, I just can't see what im doing (and like i said its super laggy).

Uninstall your Java, and install the latest version of Java 1_7. Likely your IPMI is outdated, when you re-install Java you'll need to re-add the IP address to security again.