Packet Loss

NeatQuotes

Hello i have been suffering from packet loss recently i have gotten a new modem/router and it hasn't fixed the problem. Is there any other thing i can do. I have tested the packet loss on mulitple things so its not just my computer.

It will be the line from you to your isp. You will need to contact them about it.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

6 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

It will be the line from you to your isp. You will need to contact them about it.

Can it be spmething else or this is it? Can comcast just be crap

2 minutes ago, NeatQuotes said:

Can it be spmething else or this is it? Can comcast just be crap

I think it will most likely be but if you want to be sure, if you have not already and use wifi, test wired.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 minute ago, NeatQuotes said:

Can it be spmething else or this is it?

Interference from other wireless devices. Like other access points or wireless mice/keyboards and so on. If that's the case, testing the connection over Ethernet will fix it. If on the other hand the problem persists, it's on your ISP.

8 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Interference from other wireless devices. Like other access points or wireless mice/keyboards and so on. If that's the case, testing the connection over Ethernet will fix it. If on the other hand the problem persists, it's on your ISP.

9 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

I think it will most likely be but if you want to be sure, if you have not already and use wifi, test wired.

I have only tested on enthernet.

2 minutes ago, NeatQuotes said:

I have only tested on enthernet.

probably will be the ISP cable then.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Just now, mcraftax said:

probably will be the ISP cable then.

Now how do they fix that if you know?

Now how do they fix that if you know?

Though deduction and your troubleshooting it have deducted that there is not a problem any future away than the cabinet because other people would be having problems.

You tested using another router and had the problem and I'm guesting you have no problem on your local network.

So the only place left is between your router's WAN port and your connection in the cabinet so that mainly (an thing else is surmised by this) leaves the cable between them.

To fix it they will do some tests and either repair the cable where damage is if they can find it or replace the whole thing.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

On 6/5/2016 at 5:15 PM, mcraftax said:

Though deduction and your troubleshooting it have deducted that there is not a problem any future away than the cabinet because other people would be having problems.

You tested using another router and had the problem and I'm guesting you have no problem on your local network.

So the only place left is between your router's WAN port and your connection in the cabinet so that mainly (an thing else is surmised by this) leaves the cable between them.

To fix it they will do some tests and either repair the cable where damage is if they can find it or replace the whole thing.

Hello i was wondering if you oculd help me again. We have replaced the line that connects the house to the thing outside (sorry dont know what to call it) and im still getting packet loss any other thing that could cause this?

20 minutes ago, NeatQuotes said:

Hello i was wondering if you oculd help me again. We have replaced the line that connects the house to the thing outside (sorry dont know what to call it) and im still getting packet loss any other thing that could cause this?

"thing outside" do you mean the street cabinet or a cabinet what is only for your house. If it is a cabinet for your house, it could be from that to the street cabinet. You will have to contact your isp to fix it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

7 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

"thing outside" do you mean the street cabinet or a cabinet what is only for your house. If it is a cabinet for your house, it could be from that to the street cabinet. You will have to contact your isp to fix it. 

We replaced the wire that connects that to the house. The guy checked the cable inside the house and said it was fine.

image.png

1 hour ago, NeatQuotes said:

We replaced the wire that connects that to the house. The guy checked the cable inside the house and said it was fine.

it could be from that to the street cabinet. You will have to contact your isp to fix it.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 hours ago, mcraftax said:

it could be from that to the street cabinet. You will have to contact your isp to fix it.

I think it might be the service center where the internet comes from is that possible? My friend who lives like 10 minutes away is having problems to.

I think it might be the service center where the internet comes from is that possible? My friend who lives like 10 minutes away is having problems to.

yes could be, you will need to keep nagging your isp. It is the only way they will do anything. Plus, more people the better because then it will get done or even done quicker.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

32 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

yes could be, you will need to keep nagging your isp. It is the only way they will do anything. Plus, more people the better because then it will get done or even done quicker.

The thing is tho i dont want someone to keep coming to my house when we have done as much as we can. Do you think if i just call and keep saying the technicans have done as much as they can they will lower my bill or do something?

The thing is tho i dont want someone to keep coming to my house when we have done as much as we can. Do you think if i just call and keep saying the technicans have done as much as they can they will lower my bill or do something?

You might be able to, but they should no longer need to go into your house though.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

4 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

You might be able to, but they should no longer need to go into your house though.

Alright i guess ill just try to say to them you guys have done as much as you can. This is a local problem and i would like some compensation hopefully that will work :P. Hey thanks for all your help man or woman

6 hours ago, mcraftax said:

Hey sorry to bother you again. Do you think another modem not from comcast will be better? Like a higher tier modem?

7 minutes ago, NeatQuotes said:

Hey sorry to bother you again. Do you think another modem not from comcast will be better? Like a higher tier modem?

No, its an issue with the Comcast network. If some other customer is having issues, then the network in the area has to be the issue. Go https://www.dslreports.com/ on the right had side you will see ISP direct to Member support. Comcast is listed. You will need an account on DSLreports but its free. The Comcast direct forum gets you in touch with Corporate, basically the guys in Philly where Comcast headquarters are. They can light a fire under the local guys ass. Because the local guys know the trouble ticket came from corporate so they dont fuck around. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.