Help me choose between these gaming monitors for my PS4

Monty1089

Dear forum members, I am new to this forum and hope someone can help me out.

I have decided to buy a dedicated gaming monitor for my PS4 instead of using my TV. I have a 32 inch LG TV which is 7 years old now.

From my research i only need a 60hz 1080p gaming monitor as anything else is a waste on the PS4. I have settled on 27 inch size since i don't want to go any smaller than 27".

Here are my options from ebay Australia.

1. BenQ RL2755HM = $315

2. Asus MX279H = $360

3. Asus VS278Q = $320

4. AOC E2752VH = $220

Those are my choices since an ebay seller is having 20% off site wide so i will purchase from there. If i purchase elsewhere then all monitors will be more expensive and out of my budget of $400. Also i am from Australia so our prices are very expensive to you guys overseas for the same monitor. 

I have read online and they are all good options. I have already read through displaylag.com and they all have very similar response rates and lag rates. 

So what is the more popular and best option? I will also use the monitor on my computer. Only use it on my computer for browsing and watching youtube videos. I don't game on my PC at all.

Thank you very much for assistance.

Do you know why (almost) no one replies to your post ? This is the reason:

45 minutes ago, Monty1089 said:

monitor for my PS4

45 minutes ago, Monty1089 said:

I don't game on my PC at all.

:D

So basically choose a monitor from a reputable brand with low response times (especially many TVs have ridiculously high response times), best color reproduction (IPS or similar), 60Hz, no G-SYNC, no FreeSync, 1080p, 16:9.

I'd go for IPS because the advantage of better colors is way better than the little faster TN on my opinion.

Something like this: Dell P2714H

8 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Sorry but gaming monitors for a ps4 is a waste of money.

True, but if your TV has a greater response time than 10ms I'd just buy a new monitor though. He could use this monitor for his PC too because if he's going to buy a new monitor he wouldn't have his PS4 located next to his TV anymore. So he can use the monitor for his PC and his PS4 then.

Thank you guys for replying.

Yes i realise monitors for consoles are not really worth it but my TV is crap and it is only 720p as well. So a monitor will make a big difference to what i have now.

The BenQ RL2755HM gets pretty good reviews and so does the Asus MX279H. The BenQ is a TN panel whilst the Asus is IPS. I read the other ASUS monitor VS278Q is not as good in picture quality and gets washed out colours so i basically ruled that out. The AOC monitor i mentioned above has really no user reviews or input lag information so it is hard to purchase something without confidence in it.

Any more suggestions you guys can recommend? If not it will be out of the two monitors i listed above.