"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" Win 10

Rufert

Hello, I've had an issue plague me since November and am quite frankly desperate for a solution. A friend of mine referred me to you lot. So if I'm posting this in the wrong place I'm sorry.

Here goes.

Around November my old rig died and I had to wait a month to get a new one. Immediately I started getting the error from the topic which I am lead to believe is just a blanket statement for a lot of generic errors and as such isn't very useful. 

First install of win 10 got it. As did the second. 

As well as the current one which is an upgrade from win 8.1

Here are some facts in a random order:

I've been in contact with my ISP, they've had my line monitored as well as a technician out, there are zero disruptions from their end, no lost packets nothing. All they see when it happens is my computer stopping communication with their router a ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A.

Most of the people with this problem had it after the november update to win 10, most of these are with wifi exclusively, my connection is wired.

As other threads have suggested I've tried disabling TCP/IP6, didn't work.

Also tried disabling NETBIOS Over TCP/IP, no change there either.

I've tried to install the reliable multicast protocol as per other solutions on forums, didn't work either.

I've tried various settings in the power management of the ethernet card, no change.

I've tried updating my network drivers, old drivers, unofficial drivers, no change.

My wired connection is through my ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170 PRO GAMING motherboard, I've also tried buying and using another ethernet card, same issue.

Edit: When it happens I usually notice first by sites failing to load, then chrome giving me a DNS error, and then finally saying my computer is offline. Weirdly while this happens I'm often able to hear people on skype/teamspeak, and talk to them for the first minute, then only hear them the last. A friend tech savvier than I suggested that this had to do with TCP crashing before UDP. Whatever that means. 

It appears to happen randomly, I sometimes think I see a pattern but that's probably just me going mad. I can't provoke it, although it seems to happen most often when I try to stream. If I stay away from streaming I might get days without disruptions. Or like yesterday, it might just shit itself randomly without me even doing anything.

At this point I'm desperate, I literally don't know what to do, I don't have a massive amount of money to throw at the problem and hope any of it sticks. 

I've used computers most of my life, so I can follow instructions pretty well, but I'm not the savviest when it comes to more complex stuff, but if you want me to provide specific info, tell me how and I'll gladly dump it here. 

Cheers

Rufert the Desperate.

8 minutes ago, Rufert said:

snip

google says:

Go to Settings -> Network & Internet -> Ethernet (I don't use Wi-Fi so if Wi-Fi is an option, try it) -> Change adapter options -> Right-click the one you are having issues with -> Properties -> Install... -> Protocol -> Install what is there (For me I had one called 'Reliable Multicast Protocol' so I installed that. I haven't found this solution elsewhere so I don't know what it'll be for you.) -> You're done!

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

google says:

Thank you for the reply, sadly I'm an idiot and have already tried that but forgot to add it to the list(done now) 

No change :(

22 minutes ago, Rufert said:

Thank you for the reply, sadly I'm an idiot and have already tried that but forgot to add it to the list(done now) 

No change :(

try this:

51329d1448961148t-network-protocols-erro

adapter properties> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then properties, then advanced, then WINS tab match the settings above.

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Snip

Again thank you, but I already have :(

Go into your windows event logs and see if you see the error in there. If you do, post the information from it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

13 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Go into your windows event logs and see if you see the error in there. If you do, post the information from it. 

Here you go. I hope you're able to tell which is it malfunctioning and what is me fucking around with it in a desperate attempt to make it work before my big stream.

ass.evtx

Edit: When it happens I usually notice first by sites failing to load, then chrome giving me a DNS error, and then finally saying my computer is offline. Weirdly while this happens I'm often able to hear people on skype/teamspeak, and talk to them for the first minute, then only hear them the last. A friend tech savvier than I suggested that this had to do with TCP crashing before UDP. Whatever that means. 

Interesting thing I found researching.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/7907-runtime-broker-process.html

Try this portion:

Runtime Broker kept thrashing my system, usually using 40% of my CPU although memory use wasn't much, according to the Task Manager. I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro x64 version 10240.

Runtime Broker is a service called Time Broker, which can be disabled through editing the registry.
Right-click on the Start Menu Icon. Go to RUN and type regedit.exe and select OK.

Find the following entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker] "Start"=dword:00000003 

Change the 3 to a 4.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker] "Start"=dword:00000004

4 is Disabled, 3 is Manual and 2 is Automatic startup. 

Before editing, the original value was 3. Set to 4 to disable. Just change the 3 to a 4 through the MODIFY menu selection, exit regedit and reboot your system.

After this edit, Runtime Broker no longer runs and the CPU at idle is now only 0 to 1 or 2 percent.

No adverse affects after disabling Runtime Broker on my system. (ADDITIONAL NOTE: Disabling Runtime Broker will prevent apps from the Microsoft Store from running.)

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Snip

Something I haven't tried yet!

Done.

I'll keep you posted, it might be days.

What made me go to this portion to check is from this event in your logs you sent:

Log Name:      System
Source:        User32
Date:          6/4/2016 3:13:02 PM
Event ID:      1074
Task Category: None
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Classic
User:          S-1-5-21-1969993506-3926972143-1123076986-1001
Computer:      DESKTOP-JSFTPQ2
Description:
The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (DESKTOP-JSFTPQ2) has initiated the power off of computer DESKTOP-JSFTPQ2 on behalf of user DESKTOP-JSFTPQ2\Rufert for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)
 Reason Code: 0x0
 Shutdown Type: power off
 Comment: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="User32" Guid="{b0aa8734-56f7-41cc-b2f4-de228e98b946}" EventSourceName="User32" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="32768">1074</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-06-04T20:13:02.781371300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3375</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="584" ThreadID="720" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-JSFTPQ2</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1969993506-3926972143-1123076986-1001" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (DESKTOP-JSFTPQ2)</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">DESKTOP-JSFTPQ2</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Other (Unplanned)</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">power off</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="param7">DESKTOP-JSFTPQ2\Rufert</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Thank you, and thanks for including your reasoning.

For the purposes of archiving this post for future help to people with the same problem, I'm going to try just disabling Runtime Broker for now, and if that doesn't work I'll try the other stuff.

So we can actually find out where the error is coming from as well as fixing it :)

Alas didn't work. I tried one, then the other.

Same problem.