Who is ready for some monitors?(USA) Save a good $100

Youbetternot

Monoprice via Amazon has their 27" Monoprice IPS-Glass Panel Pro 2560x1440 LED Monitor with DisplayPort for $398Shipping is Free

This is a total of 700 dollars saved according to amazon

Monoprice themselves sell for $500 http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=10489&seq=1&format=2

It is pretty cheap for a IPS 27" monitor with 2560 by 1440

post-32324-0-15306000-1380382277.jpg

post-32324-0-23245200-1380382282.jpg

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

is it good?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

is it good?

IDK you tell me, never used it but looks like a good deal

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

is it good?

its great, 1440p is the future man 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

The bezel looks pretty bad... :(

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Why does it even have VGA support?!?!?

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I'll keep my eyes on a PB278Q still.

Aren't they originally 700$

You silly child...it's called marketing :)

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

I'm very content with 1080p still lol

Have you seen 1440p? I went from 1440p to 1080p and I definitely notice the difference

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Have you seen 1440p? I went from 1440p to 1080p and I definitely notice the difference

Yeah I've seen it. Is it great? Yes it is. Do I need it? No I do not. Thus I'm still content with 1080p lol

Isn't this one of the korean ebay monitors? Just sold on Amazon... I'm gonna avoid it like a plague. 

Wait how do i use it on my DVI GPU?

vga to dvi adapter?... analog dvi that is.

Isn't this one of the korean ebay monitors? Just sold on Amazon... I'm gonna avoid it like a plague. 

I was going to send it to you, but I thought you wouldn't like it :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Yeah I've seen it. Is it great? Yes it is. Do I need it? No I do not. Thus I'm still content with 1080p lol

neeeeeeed  it but I'm stingy :P

vga to dvi adapter?... analog dvi that is.

Its a display port monitor but i dont have that :c

I am a happy wuffy

The monoprice ones are a bit different. They are rejects but they do have a bar for quality.

Error: 410

Its a display port monitor but i dont have that :c

the monitor also has vga, and you said you had a dvi gpu, hence you could try using a vga to dvi adapter as long as your gpu supports analog dvi, which it most likely does, that would be called dvi-i, using adapters is a very very normal thing, you can do nearly anything you want with them, you can either go with a dvi to vga adapter, if your gpu doesnt't have dvi-i you could just connect through the dvi-d which is basicly dvi just digital and not analog.

adapters are amazing things than can overcome most issues, as long as you keep in mind digital has to be digital and analog has to be analog, or else you would have to buy an active signal converter which can be abit expensive.

the monitor also has vga, and you said you had a dvi gpu, hence you could try using a vga to dvi adapter as long as your gpu supports analog dvi, which it most likely does, that would be called dvi-i, using adapters is a very very normal thing, you can do nearly anything you want with them.

as long as you keep in mind digital has to be digital and analog has to be analog, or else you would have to buy an active signal converter which can be abit expensive.

Derp im an idiot.

I am a happy wuffy

Derp im an idiot 

it's easy to miss, re-read my comment as i did abit of editing while you were replying, not talking down on you or anything, you probably know most of this, just supplying some random information, anyhow the monitor has more connections than just displayport :P.

These are rebranded Koreans.

Look at it this way

The good monitors are (should be) A+ panels

And korean cheapos are A- panels

These rebranded ones are kinda in between. Its like a higher A-. Still potential issues thats why theyre cheap. You just pat for better support so theres a chance to get a refund

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP