New Pc Build for 2016+

Veltn

Hello i plan to build a new gaming computer that will last me a couple years with out doing a major upgrade other then upgrading it to a sli format when i dont get enough so i would like to ask if this build i picked out would be good. Another thing its more on the budget end since i wont have more than $1900 to spend on it currently so please give me feedback and any idea if i can make it cheaper or improve with that current budget here is a link for the pc parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kf3nTH

Just now, Matias_Chambers said:

What will you be using it for? Gaming, video editing/rendering etc?

V

5 minutes ago, Veltn said:

a new gaming computer that will last me a couple years with out doing a major upgrade other then upgrading it to sli

7 minutes ago, Veltn said:

Hello i plan to build a new gaming computer that will last me a couple years with out doing a major upgrade other then upgrading it to a sli format when i dont get enough so i would like to ask if this build i picked out would be good. Another thing its more on the budget end since i wont have more than $1900 to spend on it currently so please give me feedback and any idea if i can make it cheaper or improve with that current budget here is a link for the pc parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kf3nTH

Overall it looks pretty solid.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

Thank you this is going to be my second computer build and i did a good deal of research on each part for the last 3 weeks and i just wanted to see from other how well it is before i buy it and build it so i can make sure i didnt make any mistakes in it

12 minutes ago, Veltn said:

looks solid, but the psu is way overkill. 500W-550W should be more than enough. and you are overspending on the case

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

looks solid, but the psu is way overkill. 500W-550W should be more than enough

He said he was gonna SLI in the future.

That may be true but i want to be sure i have the option to overclock or expand on the computer on later dates so i dont have to go and buy a new power supply in the future

3 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

He said he was gonna SLI in the future.

sry, overread that... :| 

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

3 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/RCMkcc I made a few tweaks. 

what about ssd? and i rather would go for a better air cooler than an aio. Depends on how much OP wants to oc

- Ryzen Build -

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D

2 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

sry, overread that...

No worries, you were not the first person to overread the OP ;)  As far as the components go, it indeed looks fine. I myself am a fan of just having a single large ssd, but it should work fine for the upcoming couple years.

looks nice the tweaks matias but im kinda effy with water coolers and i rafter keep my ssd for faster boot up times and for my fav games to run faster of it

Also the price for a EVGA GTX 1080 superclock with acx 3.0 is 649.99 plus its tax

4 minutes ago, Veltn said:

looks nice the tweaks matias but im kinda effy with water coolers and i rafter keep my ssd for faster boot up times and for my fav games to run faster of it

I added an SSD, it was a mistake.

2 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

I think it looks good. OP is looking at a 1080 that costs $50 more. I suggest dropping the DVD drive because you can install windows on a USB drive

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

8 minutes ago, Veltn said:

Also the price for a EVGA GTX 1080 superclock with acx 3.0 is 649.99 plus its tax

I'd recommend staying away from prices other than the manufacturers (€729.99) before a card is released ;)

Its a good build Matias but it kinda puts me past my limit at the moment and i dont really have much knowledge of water coolers so im kinda more preferred more air cooling thats what i went with the corsair 780t case cause i heard it had good air flow

4 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

I think it looks good. OP is looking at a 1080 that costs $50 more. I suggest dropping the DVD drive because you can install windows on a USB drive

Actually i was think of droping the DVD drive because i recently found a usb DVD drive from my lenovo y50 laptop in my desk and i was thinking of using that instead

1 minute ago, y_unit265 said:

Damn you Americans and your cheaper gpu:P

Life is Life i suppose but i just hope of actually getting the graphic cards before it sells out