Google Bans Spammy Ads from Play Store

qwertywarrior

a summary

One of the main driving forces for this primarily ad-based monetization is that most Android users have come to expect free functionality thanks to Google's extremely comprehensive ad-supported services.

While ads may seem like a sort of saving grace to developers in the face of a community that refuses to pay for apps and services, ad-based monetization isn't always a perfect solution.

However, the problem with certain implementations of ad-based monetization goes beyond simply shady ad networks.

Certain applications,, place annoying and intrusive advertisements in your notification bar or ad-based shortcuts on your home screen. This is simply unacceptable from an end-user perspective. Thankfully, Google is now putting an end to these practices.

Thanks to the changes, applications can no longer place advertisements in the notification bar, and they can no longer create ad-based shortcuts on your launcher.

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/google-bans-spammy-ads-from-play-store/

FINALLY !!!

tumblr_md97l8II4h1riv8lvo1_500.gif

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Thats's good, because I hated those Airpush ads. Its bothering me like crazy and runs in the background which makes my phone lag

Sweet, those add based shortcuts were obnoxious.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|