Asus PB287Q "No Signal" problem while sleeping...

Matthew Stratford

Hi There,

I have a question for you all because after quite a bit of research, I still can't find the answer.

I have an Asus PB287Q, which I purchased after forgetting that Linus reviewed it as one of his many 'Best Gaming Monitor Yet' monitors.

I absolutely love it, it looks great, plenty of cool menu options like turning the LED off while in auto-discovery standby mode, however my laziness leeds to this slight glitch.

When it is in standby (the computer is off without the monitor power button being pressed to turn it off), it has begun randomly turning on, showing the standard "DisplayPort: No signal" message, and then turning back off again.

I could simply turn it off using the button to correct this, but I would really love to know if anyone else has had this with this (or another) monitor, and any steps that could correct it. The only thing that possibly happened was swapping my rig from an AMD system to my new Intel Hackintosh box with a GTX 970, but the mobo on the new one is in Deep Sleep mode in the bios to prevent another (seemly unsolvable) problem regarding my specific motherboard and the way the old PowerMac G5 case light works.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Matthew.

Regards,

Matthew Stratford

CPU: Intel i7 4770K  | RAM: 4X 8GB Patriot Viper @ 2133MHz | GFX: Zotac GTX 970 (ZT-90101-10P) | MB: Asrock Z97M Pro4 | PSU: Corsair CX500M

Weird.  You have a very special use case here.... I don't have an answer to the question, however I am looking into this monitor and have a question... Is there any noticeable input lag?  I ask because I play a lot of FPS and want to know how this thing handles quick movements...

The Black Friday Rig: 

[PCPartPicker part list](https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QyvH8K)
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor] | $280.00 
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | $19.99 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $175.00 
**Memory** | [Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] | $94.99 
**Storage** | [Corsair Force LE 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive] | $85.99 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $64.00 
**Video Card** | [Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card] | $319.99 
**Case** | [Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case] | $89.00 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]| $109.00 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | **Total** | **$1322.95**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-27 18:34 EST-0500 |

25 minutes ago, CeremonialSnips said:

Weird.  You have a very special use case here.... I don't have an answer to the question, however I am looking into this monitor and have a question... Is there any noticeable input lag?  I ask because I play a lot of FPS and want to know how this thing handles quick movements...

Start a new topic then. not annoy OP pls

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

20 hours ago, CeremonialSnips said:

Erm, I haven't noticed anything, I certainly can't see a lag between the mouse and screen. I didn't really buy it for 4K gaming as such (being 1) a Hackintosh running OSX most of the time, 2) I've only got a 970), however Drift 3 plays really nice (Min and Max frame rate in benchmark at 60FPS in 4K), but that's an old game.

It's a bit slow turning on though, in comparison to another of my screens, meaning windows will sometimes jump to the second screen first for a second after waking it up from sleep. Also, another thing being display port and my other being DVI, it defaults to the DVI on boot until OSX / Windows boots up. Slightly annoying but nothing I can feasibly do.

Regards,

Matthew Stratford

CPU: Intel i7 4770K  | RAM: 4X 8GB Patriot Viper @ 2133MHz | GFX: Zotac GTX 970 (ZT-90101-10P) | MB: Asrock Z97M Pro4 | PSU: Corsair CX500M