So I built my beastly machine with the R9 390X, and gave it away to a close friend of mine. I plan on getting a new PC, because I currently use a Dell XPS 8300 with a crappy Radeon 5700. It's an OK card for regular gaming, but in the case of GTA V, I have to play on 900p @ 30fps, just to play on low, with it's 1GB of GDDR5 RAM. I can't even run the division, because of the lack of vRAM. Another thing I hate about it is that it's terabyte hard drive is big enough, but it's too slow that I can really feel the bottleneck of the HDD. As for monitors,  I have two 1080p monitors (Not identical sized and has identical resolutions, one is 1920 x 1080 monitor, the other is an 1920 x 1200) So I plan on building a new one. Here's the PCPartPicker list:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TvbgXH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TvbgXH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($338.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($249.95 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($117.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Founders Edition Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($699.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Founders Edition Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($699.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($136.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC56 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($61.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $3205.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-02 12:53 EDT-0400

I know it's a bit overkill, but I want to be able to play games at medium settings a few years from now, and do some VR. Going with Radeons isn't a choice, because NVIDIA gives so much features compared to AMD. I picked the founder edition, but plan on getting an MSI one; it's there as a placeholder.

32GB of RAM IS overkill, but hey, why not? The two 730s are for RAID 0.

If you have any suggestions, comments, leave them below. 

7 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Get aftermarket fans for the h110i

Everything else looks good

Ah, yes, I heard that before. Is the SP120/140 from Corsair good enough? I've used the H100i before, the fans weren't that bad, but then again, I never used aftermarket ones, so I can't compare. Is it worth it?

I would get the Trident Z kit from Gskill, cheaper and the performance is the same. Dominator ram is overpriced

1 minute ago, Dragonsnap said:

Ah, yes, I heard that before. Is the SP120/140 from Corsair good enough? I've used the H100i before, the fans weren't that bad, but then again, I never used aftermarket ones, so I can't compare. Is it worth it?

yea, I guess

get noctua for ultimate silence 

8 minutes ago, Aytex said:

yea, I guess

get noctua for ultimate silence 

Noctua fans are great, but they look like shit.

9 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

I would get the Trident Z kit from Gskill, cheaper and the performance is the same. Dominator ram is overpriced

GSkill is great, but they look too gamery for my taste. Dominator RAM sticks look sleek and clean.

5 minutes ago, Dragonsnap said:

Noctua fans are great, but they look like shit.

You can put the radiator on the bottom and the fans on top in pull mode so you never have to look at them :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

9 minutes ago, Energycore said:

You can put the radiator on the bottom and the fans on top in pull mode so you never have to look at them :P

Does that work? I never thought you could mount radiator on the bottom with the Noctis 430.

Just now, Dragonsnap said:

Does that work? I never thought you could mount radiator on the bottom with the Noctis 430.

What I mean is, mount the radiator on top, but mount it facing the motherboard, with the fans on top, being hidden by the shroud to never be seen again.

Look at the workshop video, they test a configuration that totally hides the fans and is also better for dust cleaning.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

21 minutes ago, Dragonsnap said:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TvbgXH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TvbgXH/by_merchant/

Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($117.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: Corsair 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC56 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($61.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $3205.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-02 12:53 EDT-0400

Nice build, you can play 4k with really good settings with your planned pc specs.  

7 minutes ago, Dan1 said:

Nice build, you can play 4k with really good settings with your planned pc specs.  

Or should I get 10 PS4s? Seems like a better choice...

1 minute ago, Dragonsnap said:

Or should I get 10 PS4s? Seems like a better choice...

No. :P 

10 minutes ago, Energycore said:

What I mean is, mount the radiator on top, but mount it facing the motherboard, with the fans on top, being hidden by the shroud to never be seen again.

Look at the workshop video, they test a configuration that totally hides the fans and is also better for dust cleaning.

Never watched that workshop video before. Thanks :) Also, Should I include CableMod, or sleeved cables, or do Corsair power supply come with them? Only used EVGA ones before, and while the cables are nice, they don't include sleeved ones.

Edited by Dragonsnap
typo

3 minutes ago, Dragonsnap said:

Never watched that workshop video before. Thanks :) Also, Should I include CableMod, or sleeved cables, or do Corsair power supply come with them? Only used EVGA ones before, and while the cables are nice, they don't include sleeved ones.

take a look at the mushkin reactor 1tb ssd for 220$ get 2 of them possibly  instead of your current storage

config just a suggestion <3

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

No point going with 32GB Ram if you are just gaming. It will just be wasted money as games won't use anywhere near that amount. A 16GB kit is more than enough.

EVGA P2 is cheaper and every bit as good.

Samsung 850 Evo is one of the best consumer SSD's for much less.

Are you buying a new monitor to take advantage of the 2 x 1080's ? 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($64.16 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2707.05
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-02 14:14 EDT-0400

19 hours ago, lee32uk said:

No point going with 32GB Ram if you are just gaming. It will just be wasted money as games won't use anywhere near that amount. A 16GB kit is more than enough.

EVGA P2 is cheaper and every bit as good.

Samsung 850 Evo is one of the best consumer SSD's for much less.

Are you buying a new monitor to take advantage of the 2 x 1080's ? 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($64.16 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2707.05
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-02 14:14 EDT-0400

No. I plan on getting a cheap 4K monitor from Korean maufacturers, but I'm out of space with the 2 1080p monitors. 32GB IS Needed, I use a few dozens of programs running in the background as well as a few dozen chrome tabs.

Why change out the 730 series though? I heard they were quite reliable, and I thought WD drives had lower failure rates than Seagate Barracudas. Just wondering.

20 hours ago, VictorianReaper said:

take a look at the mushkin reactor 1tb ssd for 220$ get 2 of them possibly  instead of your current storage

config just a suggestion <3

I plan on running the ssds in RAID 0, so no. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

34 minutes ago, Dragonsnap said:

No. I plan on getting a cheap 4K monitor from Korean maufacturers, but I'm out of space with the 2 1080p monitors. 32GB IS Needed, I use a few dozens of programs running in the background as well as a few dozen chrome tabs.

Why change out the 730 series though? I heard they were quite reliable, and I thought WD drives had lower failure rates than Seagate Barracudas. Just wondering.

Samsung SSD's are very reliable. The 850 EVO is also one of the most popular consumer drives for good reason. You can always go with the 850 PRO if you want the extra warranty of 10 years. The EVO has 5 years warranty.

Seagate drives are fine. The WD Black isn't really worth the extra cash in most situations. If you want WD then go with 2 x 1TB WD Blue.

13 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Samsung SSD's are very reliable. The 850 EVO is also one of the most popular consumer drives for good reason. You can always go with the 850 PRO if you want the extra warranty of 10 years. The EVO has 5 years warranty.

Seagate drives are fine. The WD Black isn't really worth the extra cash in most situations. If you want WD then go with 2 x 1TB WD Blue.

Doesn't the 730 Series have 5 year warranties too? are there any other advantages that Samsung provides that Intel doesn't? What situations do Blacks get useful?

3 hours ago, Dragonsnap said:

Doesn't the 730 Series have 5 year warranties too? are there any other advantages that Samsung provides that Intel doesn't? What situations do Blacks get useful?

Yes the 730 has 5 years warranty as well. If you check out the link below you can see that the Samsung 850 PRO performs better than the Intel drive. For value for money though I would still suggest the 850 EVO as it is $100 cheaper (On pcpartpicker) and you get an extra 20GB of storage compared to the Intel drive. The 850 EVO is also included in the results in the link. 

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-battle-ssd-juggernauts-intel-vs-sandisk-vs-samsung

The Black drives would be useful if you were building a workstation type build. For a general desktop pc the WD Blue or Seagate etc are fine.  

9 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Yes the 730 has 5 years warranty as well. If you check out the link below you can see that the Samsung 850 PRO performs better than the Intel drive. For value for money though I would still suggest the 850 EVO as it is $100 cheaper (On pcpartpicker) and you get an extra 20GB of storage compared to the Intel drive. The 850 EVO is also included in the results in the link. 

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-battle-ssd-juggernauts-intel-vs-sandisk-vs-samsung

The Black drives would be useful if you were building a workstation type build. For a general desktop pc the WD Blue or Seagate etc are fine.  

Ah, thanks. Then I'll proabably go with the 850 EVO or the PRO. Does M.2 perform well too? Specifically the Samsung 950 ones... and are CableMods worth it?

4 hours ago, Dragonsnap said:

Ah, thanks. Then I'll proabably go with the 850 EVO or the PRO. Does M.2 perform well too? Specifically the Samsung 950 ones... and are CableMods worth it?

The M.2 950 PRO has much faster read/write speeds but for gaming and boot/load times it won't make much difference. It would only be faster in certain scenarios.

Cablemod cables are good if you want the inside to look nicer. You could buy a set of extensions as the NZXT Noctis has a psu shroud so most of the cables are hidden. Cablemod do basic extension kits and you can also look at Bitfenix Alchemy.

On 6/4/2016 at 9:26 PM, lee32uk said:

The M.2 950 PRO has much faster read/write speeds but for gaming and boot/load times it won't make much difference. It would only be faster in certain scenarios.

Cablemod cables are good if you want the inside to look nicer. You could buy a set of extensions as the NZXT Noctis has a psu shroud so most of the cables are hidden. Cablemod do basic extension kits and you can also look at Bitfenix Alchemy.

Since I don't do much besides day-to-day(Excel won't make much difference lol) tasks and gaming, I guess I'll stick with the 850 then. Thanks for the 2 cents on the CableMod stuff.