Ordered my PC on Amazon

So i just ordered all the hardware, "Amazon" just called me asking me the two last numbers of my card, and the shipping adress, didn t know if it was a scam so i just hang up and asked them to call a bit later.

What do you guys think and know about that ?

Sry didn't know where to post this :/

How big was the order? Sounds reasonable for them to make the call if it was big. Take the conversation very slowly and think before you say anything. I've dealt with scams before. At no point in time should they ask for your entire card number, also, dont give them ,the security number on the back at any point.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

sounds a bit "phishy" to me ... could always call customer service  0800 496 1081 (UK number)

If you've ordered from them before and used the same payment method previously it does sound sketchy for them to suddenly not have your delivery address or all the numbers of your payment method. (I'd use paypal, it auto-fills delivery addresses and secures payment methods.

It was the first time i used my card, i have always used paysafecard to amazon gift cards before

1 minute ago, Thesilverlight said:

It was the first time i used my card, i have always used paysafecard to amazon gift cards before

I'd call amazon directly and ask them the status of your order. If they say they're missing information then they should be legit.

I ordered two GTX 980Tis in August of last year, I got no call from them.

Check on the site, see if the order is in a Pending Verification state.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

If the your item isn't "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com", halt, something smells fishy here, call their customer supports about this situation

Don't know about you guys, but my when I buy digital contents (games, books) sold by Amazon Digital Service, they never ask me about the last digit number on my debit card and my shipping address once I filled it

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

3 minutes ago, TriFlix Films said:

Only talk to amazon via messenger on THEIR site. Unless you called them first or were waiting on a call back.

Agreed.

I could see your credit card company/bank calling to verify it, especially if you don't make big purchases.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Agreed.

I could see your credit card company/bank calling to verify it, especially if you don't make big purchases.

I've had this happen before but I usually ask them for their extension number. Then hang up, call your credit card company's verified number and dial the extension :)

Did you buy your stuff from Amazon or by a 3rd party seller on the Amazon marketplace?

Call in to Amazon's official customer support line or open up a message with them to make sure nothing fishy is going on.

It makes sense if it is your first order and it is a big one that they would do this... but to be safe anyway I would hang up and call them back (using the contact details on the website) to make certain it's them and then sort it out from there.

1 hour ago, Thesilverlight said:

So i just ordered all the hardware, "Amazon" just called me asking me the two last numbers of my card, and the shipping adress, didn t know if it was a scam so i just hang up and asked them to call a bit later.

What do you guys think and know about that ?

Sry didn't know where to post this :/

IT IS NOT A LEGIT PHONE CALL.  I work for Amazon, this is NOT any sorts of practice.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I've never had anyone call and ask for my credit card number (or part of it) over the phone.  I wouldn't give it to them if they did.  If you don't see the status of your order changing correctly, then contact Amazon.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I have recieved that call from amazon multiple times to verify my information,  I always tell them that I will call them back on the amazon number and then they take it there, it feels more legit when its me calling them.   but I've never had them call to verify anything for an order under $2000 USD

Amazon wouldnt call you about this, only your bank would. And even then it can still be a phishing call.

What I would do in this case is check on your amazon account if the order has progressed normally. If it has then nothing to worry about. Also call them and specifically ask if they had called you requesting such information.

I remember years ago when I kept getting phonecalls from my 'bank', trying to sell me insurance. So they describe all the life insurance policies and everything in long fine detail taking ages, I play along asking questions, and then they want ALL of my bank accounts information. Erm if your my bank and calling me, why do I need to give you my account details? So after wasting their time for as long as I could and sounding really interested, I then say no.

And then all such phonecalls stopped happening when I added my home and mobile numbers to the UK do not call list, and I only accept communication via email, or if I call whichever company and / or request them to call me.

Linus is my fetish.