Lan cable through apartment

*SilenT*
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

You could just run a cable, but it's cleaner to terminate in a wall jack and use a patch cable from the wall to PC.

May want to check what you can do to the walls if you're not the owner of your apartment. 

Hello, I was just asking if and how I could run a simple Cat 6 (or 7?) Lan Cable through a pipe in the wall through wich the TV-Cables are going (I dont need thoose). Do I have to install a plug or can I just let the wire go directly to y Pc? Thanks for every answer :)

2 minutes ago, *SilenT* said:

Hello, I was just asking if and how I could run a simple Cat 6 (or 7?) Lan Cable through a pipe in the wall through wich the TV-Cables are going (I dont need thoose). Do I have to install a plug or can I just let the wire go directly to y Pc? Thanks for every answer :)

You can just have it go directly to the PC but it's neater and MUCH easier to just install a wall jack, it means that if you damage the cable you won't have to run a new one through the wall, just plug in a new one to the wall jack.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

You could just run a cable, but it's cleaner to terminate in a wall jack and use a patch cable from the wall to PC.

May want to check what you can do to the walls if you're not the owner of your apartment. 

You can do it. If the TV wires are no longer needed you could tape the Cat6/7 cable to a TV wire and pull it through the pipe. You don't HAVE to install an appropriate wall Ethernet jack but it's more ascetically appealing than a wire protruding from the wall

yeah, no plugs needed

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thanks, I am probably going to install a wall jack, and since we own our apartment that shouldn't be a big problem :)