Computer won't turn on

totjup5
Go to solution Solved by totjup5,

Thanks for the help, I got it working.

I'm trying to fix my friend's computer, and it won't turn on. I have tried clearing the cmos, and i made sure all cables inside are correctly plugged in. The fan starts to spin up for a second and then it turns off again. Any suggestions?

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Try taking out the power supply and jumping it. The power supply may be shorting out.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Try taking out the power supply and jumping it. The power supply may be shorting out.

I thought it might be the power supply too, but his pc is a prebuilt system and the power supply is just about impossible to remove.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Try holding the 24 pin firmly in place using your hand, when you turn it on.

That worked for me.

Okay. Then disconnect all power cables. After that, find the motherboard power cable and find the green wire and any black wire. Take a paper clip, unbend it and put one end into the green wire and the other end into the black wire. You'll want to either turn off the PSU(if you can) and unplug it before doing this.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Okay. Then disconnect all power cables. After that, find the motherboard power cable and find the green wire and any black wire. Take a paper clip, unbend it and put one end into the green wire and the other end into the black wire. You'll want to either turn off the PSU(if you can) and unplug it before doing this.

Wouldn't you suggest him having at least a dummy load when doing that?

Error: 410

Thanks for the help, I got it working.

Wouldn't you suggest him having at least a dummy load when doing that?

I said the power supply may be shorting out. I said nothing of loads.