What card to change now?!

Metaton

So i got a little behind i think.  Specifically in my country the Gtx1070 will come out in Jun10. But i heard that AMD cards will come right at the middle of the month... And as far as i know the GTX 1070 will be 379 ish bucks if i'm not mistaken. I saw some vid about it and it performs pretty much like a beast as i seen it plus its overclockable well... Like a beast...
right now i have a R9 390. And pretty much i hate it. The driver support is reaaaally bad. Or atleast i think it is the issue with it... Whatever So i want to get rid of it for sure.
My question is what cards will come from AMD and how much will they be?  When i bought my R9 390 like a month ago it was ~350bucks lol... It was a big mistake ehh...

7 minutes ago, Metaton said:

So i got a little behind i think.  Specifically in my country the Gtx1070 will come out in Jun10. But i heard that AMD cards will come right at the middle of the month... And as far as i know the GTX 1070 will be 379 ish bucks if i'm not mistaken. I saw some vid about it and it performs pretty much like a beast as i seen it plus its overclockable well... Like a beast...
right now i have a R9 390. And pretty much i hate it. The driver support is reaaaally bad. Or atleast i think it is the issue with it... Whatever So i want to get rid of it for sure.
My question is what cards will come from AMD and how much will they be?  When i bought my R9 390 like a month ago it was ~350bucks lol... It was a big mistake ehh...

AMD is releasing the rx480 on June 29th for $200. It will perform a little better than your current card

1 minute ago, LennyIsLife said:

And is releasing the rx480 on June 29th. It will perform a little better than your current card

So it doesnt worth to change to it i guess...

1 minute ago, Metaton said:

Not if you are Happy with your current performance. If not, you can either buy a 1070 or 2 480's (480's in crossfire perform better than the 1080) but crossfire is kinda hot-and-miss in games.

2 minutes ago, Metaton said:

Get an EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 when it comes out.

The 1080, a hotter card, peaked at 87 when running DOOM 4k CUSTOM MAXED OUT, constant 70 FPS. 2200Mhz core

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

2 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

The 1080, a hotter card, peaked at 87 when running DOOM 4k CUSTOM MAXED OUT, constant 70 FPS. 2200Mhz core

yes, but that was with the reference cooler. Still, a 1080 is overkill unless you want 4k

4 minutes ago, LennyIsLife said:

Not if you are Happy with your current performance. If not, you can either buy a 1070 or 2 480's (480's in crossfire perform better than the 1080) but crossfire is kinda hot-and-miss in games.

Awh. Idk. I'm definitely not happy with the R9 390... But i doubt games would benefit from the crossfire. As i have a smaller system with SLI even thoe its diff alot of games doesnt benefit anything from it...Its diff from CF i know... And about that "better then the 1080" idk about that too. It sounds cool but. Naah. No thx :D

4 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

The 1080's price way out of my pocket right now... And actually not on maxed out settings but i can play at 4k even on this R9 390 xD Some games like R6S maxed out but without any Anti-aliasing obvi...
Why EVGA btw?

Awh. Idk. I'm definitely not happy with the R9 390... But i doubt games would benefit from the crossfire. As i have a smaller system with SLI even thoe its diff alot of games doesnt benefit anything from it...Its diff from CF i know... And about that "better then the 1080" idk about that too. It sounds cool but. Naah. No thx :D

The 1080's price way out of my pocket right now... And actually not on maxed out settings but i can play at 4k even on this R9 390 xD Some games like R6S maxed out but without any Anti-aliasing obvi...
Why EVGA btw?

After the whole "fury is faster than 980 ti" thing I don't trust AMD's benchmarks. When they showed off the CF beating the 1080 it was in a game that supports Vulkan, so AMD cards perform better, so in many titles it probably won't. Your best bet is to get the 1070 and go with whatever after-market cooler you like.

7 minutes ago, LennyIsLife said:

yes, but that was with the reference cooler. Still, a 1080 is overkill unless you want 4k

NOOOOO. I said ACX 3.0 cooler. It was a JTC video.

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

2 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

NOOOOO. I said ACX 3.0 cooler. It was a JTC video.

My bad bro, I misunderstood. I normally like the Gigabyte cards, but this time around the Asus Strix cards look better aesthetically, but there's rumors going around that it's bad at overclocking. 

3 minutes ago, LennyIsLife said:

My bad bro, I misunderstood. I normally like the Gigabyte cards, but this time around the Asus Strix cards look better aesthetically, but there's rumors going around that it's bad at overclocking. 

My R9 390 is from Gigabyte. Its far the worst cooler i have ever had... xD It can cool the card... Yes. at 100% LOL Sounds like a Yet Engine. And still hotter then a Sapphire... lels. +voltage lock. I managed to overclock it like from the basic 1025/1500 to like ~1100/1600... + the fact that its with +50% power limit. LOL. A huge joke.

About that AMD state u had up there.
What i think about that is waaaaay pure marketing bs... What i have seen from that lil presentation. Is that If i'm not mistaken it was in Dx12. In a game that favours AMD more. (One of the few. lol ... sadly) Lower graphics. Not sore about that also.
And the whole thing seemed like.
"Ohh the Nvidia came out with something new. We have to do something to show off to them."
Idk. What i think is that this is just straight mud throwing at the other one...
You dont make a presentation like that. "Ohh look at this their card is 700$ But from that look u buy 2 from ours and it can barely beat it only in this game"
I did not see that at Nvidia...
And im not fanboy any of these two . Nvidia just straight up wanna get AMD out of business with ahole moves such as getting their gameworks in games so AMD users have to change or something. and we could go on about these moves...
But its business... I guess.
And now AMD starts with the mud throwing again...
I remember they did this before also...
What i hope is that they will come back with something way more powerful. But until then i think i have to stick with the 1070 i think...
Now just gotta sell my r9 390 asap xD

My R9 390 is from Gigabyte. Its far the worst cooler i have ever had... xD It can cool the card... Yes. at 100% LOL Sounds like a Yet Engine. And still hotter then a Sapphire... lels. +voltage lock. I managed to overclock it like from the basic 1025/1500 to like ~1100/1600... + the fact that its with +50% power limit. LOL. A huge joke.

About that AMD state u had up there.
What i think about that is waaaaay pure marketing bs... What i have seen from that lil presentation. Is that If i'm not mistaken it was in Dx12. In a game that favours AMD more. (One of the few. lol ... sadly) Lower graphics. Not sore about that also.
And the whole thing seemed like.
"Ohh the Nvidia came out with something new. We have to do something to show off to them."
Idk. What i think is that this is just straight mud throwing at the other one...
You dont make a presentation like that. "Ohh look at this their card is 700$ But from that look u buy 2 from ours and it can barely beat it only in this game"
I did not see that at Nvidia...
And im not fanboy any of these two . Nvidia just straight up wanna get AMD out of business with ahole moves such as getting their gameworks in games so AMD users have to change or something. and we could go on about these moves...
But its business... I guess.
And now AMD starts with the mud throwing again...
I remember they did this before also...
What i hope is that they will come back with something way more powerful. But until then i think i have to stick with the 1070 i think...
Now just gotta sell my r9 390 asap xD

I wish Nvidia would stop crushing AMD at every turn. If AMD doesn't have a fighting chance, and especially if they go out of business, then Nvidia will have created a monopoly and that's not good for the consumers. And as far as Gigabyte cards go, they are loud, but they're reliable.

6 minutes ago, LennyIsLife said:

I wish Nvidia would stop crushing AMD at every turn. If AMD doesn't have a fighting chance, and especially if they go out of business, then Nvidia will have created a monopoly and that's not good for the consumers. And as far as Gigabyte cards go, they are loud, but they're reliable.

As far as the "reliable" goes. This card is actually a new one from RMA becouse the first one had RAM issues lol. So. Yea. I think i'm just the super unlucky guy with it... xD
And Nvidia... they already have the monopoly pretty much... Dumbass kids cry to their mommys to buy their high priced cards lol...
No but for real... Alot. I mean. Alooot of people gonna buy these "founder" cards jsut cuz its came from Nvidia... Like why would i do that srsly... I would have reaaally just sittin on my fricking money and bored at life for that. A lower performing card (cuz of higher temps etc obviously) louder, aaand more expensive. then to buy one not straight from Nvidia lol.

As far as the "reliable" goes. This card is actually a new one from RMA becouse the first one had RAM issues lol. So. Yea. I think i'm just the super unlucky guy with it... xD
And Nvidia... they already have the monopoly pretty much... Dumbass kids cry to their mommys to buy their high priced cards lol...
No but for real... Alot. I mean. Alooot of people gonna buy these "founder" cards jsut cuz its came from Nvidia... Like why would i do that srsly... I would have reaaally just sittin on my fricking money and bored at life for that. A lower performing card (cuz of higher temps etc obviously) louder, aaand more expensive. then to buy one not straight from Nvidia lol.

Ya, it's bad, but at list AMD is still putting up a little bit of competition. Imma just buy an aftermarket 1070 and then skip at least one generation before upgrading again

Anyways i just figured out that.
There will be enough dumbass who will buy the 2x 480 config aaand the 1070 ... There will be enough configs etc out there to compare them .
I have hiiigh doubts about this 2x 480 will ever beat 1080 in games... Even tho i heard CF have less problems then SLI... sli have sooooo many issues... I face with them every day on the smaller config.
First i'll sell my R9 390 asap somehow. Then will see which one is better for the fps/buck to go with.  Until i decide i'll just play on the lower config lels.

3 minutes ago, Metaton said:

Anyways i just figured out that.
There will be enough dumbass who will buy the 2x 480 config aaand the 1070 ... There will be enough configs etc out there to compare them .
I have hiiigh doubts about this 2x 480 will ever beat 1080 in games... Even tho i heard CF have less problems then SLI... sli have sooooo many issues... I face with them every day on the smaller config.
First i'll sell my R9 390 asap somehow. Then will see which one is better for the fps/buck to go with.  Until i decide i'll just play on the lower config lels.

Hey man, I'm still rockin a 7970, but I assume you're playing at higher resolutions than 1080p.

2 minutes ago, LennyIsLife said:

Hey man, I'm still rockin a 7970, but I assume you're playing at higher resolutions than 1080p.

I literally hate 1080p... Kinda disgust me.
Actually i'm playin on a 4k 42inch TV xD. And 1080p just doesnt look good at all. Yea i guess on a 20ish inch monitor 1080 looks okay... But naaah for me its too small. I love big screens and high res lel. I sacrefice some Anti-aliasing for that easily :D

I literally hate 1080p... Kinda disgust me.
Actually i'm playin on a 4k 42inch TV xD. And 1080p just doesnt look good at all. Yea i guess on a 20ish inch monitor 1080 looks okay... But naaah for me its too small. I love big screens and high res lel. I sacrefice some Anti-aliasing for that easily :D

1080p's fine for me, but I'm planning to upgrade to 1440p once I get my hands on one of them 1070's