New Cpu cooler

undeadben

I am looking for a new cpu cooler for around 100$ i want it to perform well and look good. i am looking at the dark rock pro 3 because of the good reviews and nice looks. water cooling is an option but i have heard horrendous stories of computers being destroyed, and me having a new 6700k and a 980ti, i dont want that to happen. So if anyone has any recommendations of good coolers to cool my i7.  (my 212 evo isnt doing the job as i can hit temps of above 80c and if you want to buy it then let me know).

4 minutes ago, undeadben said:

I am looking for a new cpu cooler for around 100$ i want it to perform well and look good. i am looking at the dark rock pro 3 because of the good reviews and nice looks. water cooling is an option but i have heard horrendous stories of computers being destroyed, and me having a new 6700k and a 980ti, i dont want that to happen. So if anyone has any recommendations of good coolers to cool my i7.  (my 212 evo isnt doing the job as i can hit temps of above 80c and if you want to buy it then let me know).

How about water cooling? You can overclock your 6700k. If you plan on water cooling, then I suggest Kraken x61. Water cooling leaks is mostly because of people, if you get the correct tubes and stuff, it won't leak, and also, those are custom loops mostly (if GPU's water cooled). Those all in one water coolers won't leak unless it's shatty.

Just now, ItsMinJunLol said:

How about water cooling? You can overclock your 6700k. If you plan on water cooling, then I suggest Kraken x61. Water cooling leaks is mostly because of people, if you get the correct tubes and stuff, it won't leak, and also, those are custom loops mostly (if GPU's water cooled). Those all in one water coolers won't leak unless it's shatty.

I'm going to water cool my I7 6700k

1 minute ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

I'm going to water cool my I7 6700k

what about a corsair h100i? that was the watercooling solution i was looking at.

Air cooling? Budget of $100? Noctua NH-D15. If your case is man enough for it, that is.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, undeadben said:

what about a corsair h100i? that was the watercooling solution i was looking at.

Yea, I think it'll be good. I saw a few youtubers use it and I'm saying corsair makes some solid products. BUT read the reviews first.

6 minutes ago, undeadben said:

Look into NZXT x61 Kraken or wait for bequiet! aios to release

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

80c at load is perfectly fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.