C++ Windows Form Help!

Coolbreeze

Hey guys!

I've written a C++ console application to carry out series of mathematical calculations for my university course.

In this I have used vectors to store and call values depending on the set selected.

I'm now trying to create a GUI for this program using a Windows Form Application. It's been going well up to the point where I tried to use vectors.

I did some digging online and found that I can use 'List' as a alternative. I can change out the 'push_back' function for the 'Add' function associated with Lists but I'm a bit confused about how to call the values again. When I used vecors, the command to call the value from a vector was "vectorname.at(position in vector)".

Can anyone tell me the equivalent function relating to Lists??

Cheers for reading!

Yea you can use generic List ( List ).

You can use vectorname.ElementAtOrDefault(index);

You can also use Find with a delegate function if you want to return a value that matches a specific criteria. For example :

private static List vectorname = new List();	myObject result = vectorname.Find(	delegate(myObject mo)	{	return mo.value == valuetoFind;	}	);

From the C++ console application I've just made up to test lists and vectors I have 2 suggestions:

1. I haven't made many gui apps in c++ but I would stick with vectors because you can access them as easily as vectorname[position];

2. You could use an iterator with lists. From what I could find about it you can do

list::iterator it = std::next(list.begin(), 3);

myObj object = *it; //You could do this in the same line

(As seen in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5733842/how-to-get-a-certain-element-in-a-list-given-the-position)