Time Lapse Problem/Question

Go to solution Solved by ALwin,

Flickering can still happen in a time lapse even if you use the same exposure setting in the camera.  You should use a tool like LRTimelapse to deflicker the exposure throughout the entire series of image files.

For example, say you have set the camera to manually use ISO 1600, f/2.8, 14mm focal length at 15 second shutter speed.  You expect it to get the same exposure throughout every image taken.  However there can be micro variations in the exposure due to various reasons.

http://www.diyphotography.net/preventing-time-lapse-flicker-caused-mechanical-inconsistencies/

Hey so I recently took a time lapse of the  Milky way.

My questions is that there are some weird exposure changes through out the video (kinda subtle) But my question is why are they there? I used lightroom to sync all the same settings to all of the pictures,so they all should be the same. Also all of the pictures had the exact same camera settings . I was hoping someone has had a similar experience and can enlighten me. Thanks

Flickering can still happen in a time lapse even if you use the same exposure setting in the camera.  You should use a tool like LRTimelapse to deflicker the exposure throughout the entire series of image files.

For example, say you have set the camera to manually use ISO 1600, f/2.8, 14mm focal length at 15 second shutter speed.  You expect it to get the same exposure throughout every image taken.  However there can be micro variations in the exposure due to various reasons.

http://www.diyphotography.net/preventing-time-lapse-flicker-caused-mechanical-inconsistencies/

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

9 hours ago, ALwin said:

Hey thanks man.

The 2013 Lightroom process can cause flickering too.