Help choosing a graphics card

Hi just wanted some help choosing a good budget graphics card for a prebuilt system. I was thinking of the gtx 750 ti 2gb gddr5 since it has good benchmarks and and a nice price but I feel a little unsure if my system has decent compatibility with the card. BTW I am totally new to the upgrading PC world and I want to start by upgrading this system to a decent gaming pc for my younger brother. Here are the system specs:

• CPU: dual-core i3 2100 3.10GHz
  • Graphics Card: geforce 8400gs
  • PSU: 600W
  • 4gb ddr3 ram
  • Mainboard Model (just in case): DH67BL

Thanks to anyone who answers this!

might want to wait and see what happens tonight with AMD and Polaris. If rumors are true it will be the best option at a low price point

It seems pretty good but unfortunately my budget is $110, but do you think the RX 480 will work in my system?

DOnt buy a GPU for that price, save up a bit, and get a R9 380 when you can.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Just now, Mauri_JHN said:

It seems pretty good but unfortunately my budget is $110, but do you think the RX 480 will work in my system?

That would be about $100 over budget though. As long as your case is big enough, you definitely have enough power for it. If you want to stay near budget, I would pick up a GTX 950 and another 4GB stick of RAM. That should run you about $140-150 if you are in America.

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

And yup, just got to know about the 480 LOL. It seems good, but its still 200ish.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

2 minutes ago, SirCallow said:

That would be about $100 over budget though. As long as your case is big enough, you definitely have enough power for it. If you want to stay near budget, I would pick up a GTX 950 and another 4GB stick of RAM. That should run you about $140-150 if you are in America.

will the shortage in ram affect significantly in gaming performance?

Many modern games ask for 8GB RAM and 4 cores tu run.

Just now, Mauri_JHN said:

will the shortage in ram affect significantly in gaming performance?

Lol, I accidentally added your post as informative. In any case, I watched a video reviewing the difference between 4, 8, and 16gb of RAM for gaming. Basically, their will be a fair bit of stuttering and sudden frame drops if you plan on having good graphics during gameplay. 8 is recommended. You could totally survive with 4 for awhile though.

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

12 minutes ago, SirCallow said:

Lol, I accidentally added your post as informative. In any case, I watched a video reviewing the difference between 4, 8, and 16gb of RAM for gaming. Basically, their will be a fair bit of stuttering and sudden frame drops if you plan on having good graphics during gameplay. 8 is recommended. You could totally survive with 4 for awhile though.

Thats for supported games, but games like Star Citizen between others wont even run.

3 minutes ago, Xaring said:

Thats for supported games, but games like GTA5, Star Citizen betweeon others wont even run.

would it be good if I go with a 750 ti and 4 extra gigs of ram?

3 minutes ago, Mauri_JHN said:

its good but might be better if you save for a 950 or 960 or just go with the rx 480 when its released

3 minutes ago, Mauri_JHN said:

Humm.. Its an option, but im sure our general recommendation would be to save up a bit more. Trust me, its worth it. 480/1060, (we'll have to wait for benchmarks and such) + 4GB of ram will make a HUGE difference.