Two Gpu's without SLI

ZedTheAwesome

So i have  MSI GeForce GT 740 DirectX 12 N740-4GD3 4GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready ATX Video Card and I wonder if i could get the same GPU and put in my PC and then run both of the one VGA and the other DV-I one running from one monitor for one and the other for the other.

My thoughts  are because one card wont be taking the weight of both monitors and run faster this is just my speculation I don't know much.

1. I couldn't understand a thing. Little writting tip: if you use "and" more than 2 times in the same phrase, you are doing it wrong. Yours has 5; delete it all and start from scratch. It'll make things much easier for us.
  2. Running monitors off of a single card doesn't affect performance.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

4 minutes ago, ZedTheAwesome said:

just sell yours and get a 750ti instead. 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

If you want to have both monitors work at the same time then you have to run them both off of the one card regardless. However, you can run the monitors off the one and assign the second card to do a separate type of processing, like in the new 1080 conference when they had two cards in SLI for graphics and the third dedicated to their new sound rendering technology

3 minutes ago, ChrisCross said:

just sell yours and get a 750ti instead. 

This. A 750 Ti is a huge leap over what you have, and shouldn't have any issue pushing two 1080p monitors at once outside of gaming and rendering scenarios.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

10 minutes ago, 5Beans6 said:

If you want to have both monitors work at the same time then you have to run them both off of the one card regardless. However, you can run the monitors off the one and assign the second card to do a separate type of processing, like in the new 1080 conference when they had two cards in SLI for graphics and the third dedicated to their new sound rendering technology

Not true, you can use multiple graphics cards for multiple monitors. You only need to have all monitors connected to the primary card if you're running in SLI.

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Not true, you can use multiple graphics cards for multiple monitors. You only need to have all monitors connected to the primary card if you're running in SLI.

Ok, I was unaware of this

2 hours ago, 5Beans6 said:

Ok, I was unaware of this

Doesn't even need to be a GPU, works fine with the iGPU also.

IMG_20160531_211601.jpg

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !