Audioengine A2?

Vague

Are these desktop speakers any good? They go for £165 but in US $200 and that is around £125, so i will possibly buy them from the US. Anyway question is are the worth the cash?

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

price performance wise those are great ;)

Don't buy them from the us though ... taxes + shipping will make this more expensive. 

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Well that depends on what you expect from them.

Sound......

All i need is speakers to finish of my audio setup and i was wondering if they are worth the price in terms of quality? Plus the look nice :P

Sound......

All i need is speakers to finish of my audio setup and i was wondering if they are worth the price in terms of quality? Plus the look nice :P

Well if you're looking for booming bass, it's definitely not gonna happen. Neither is the volume to fill a large room. I was gonna pick a pair up, but my Stateside trip got cancelled.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

price performance wise those are great ;)

Don't buy them from the us though ... taxes + shipping will make this more expensive. 

Fair enough, thanks dude.

Massdrop often has drops on Audio Engine speakers, so wait for a sale if you can.

Some people are saying massdrop are bad for the time it takes for a product to get delivered from the US or am i wrong in saying that?

Some people where saying massdrop are bad for the time it takes for a product to get delivered in the US or am i wrong in saying that?

Oh they do take their time....

But like I said, check eBay.

Oh they do take their time....

But like I said, check eBay.

I check most of them are the same price or more. I'll just buy the ones on Amazon. Thanks.

I check most of them are the same price or more. I'll just buy the ones on Amazon. Thanks.

No, I didn't mean check it for Audio Engine speakers, I meant check it for cheap used speakers that are still good. 

Well if you're looking for booming bass, it's definitely not gonna happen. Neither is the volume to fill a large room. I was gonna pick a pair up, but my Stateside trip got cancelled.

Not booming bass for of guy and i have a medium size room so i might pick them up.

No, I didn't mean check it for Audio Engine speakers, I meant check it for cheap used speakers that are still good. 

I see, okay i will do that.

They're considered active bookshelfs. Although me personally, I would use em in a desktop environment more than on a bookshelf.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

They're considered active bookshelfs. Although me personally, I would use em in a desktop environment more than on a bookshelf.

"Bookshelf" is just a form factor, not a use-case.  ;)

M-Audio's a good brand.

"Bookshelf" is just a form factor, not a use-case.  ;)

M-Audio's a good brand.

They seem rather good for there price "£99"

M-Audio's a good brand.

They seem rather good for there price "£99"

If you're looking at M-Audio, I'd thoroughly recommend the BX5 D2's. Also, take a look at DV247 for ordering audio equipment from the UK.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

If you're looking at M-Audio, I'd thoroughly recommend the BX5 D2's. Also, take a look at DV247 for ordering audio equipment from the UK.

M-audio stuff seem very bass heavy. Question is are they good for music like Heavy metal, classical and so on?

I've never really thought of them to be particularly bass heavy. If anything they'd be around average at best.. I'd probably say that the Alesis M1 Mk2's were a more bass heavy monitor than anything from the M-Audio range.

In answer to your question though, I believe that they should do perfectly fine in your use case. I'd use them over the A2's, saying that however the BX5's only accept either an XLR or 1/4 jack input to each speaker instead of the single Phono input on the A2's. 

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

I have them and they are really good. They produce a flat sound and are super clear.

Also they are some of the best looking speakers in my opinion

I've never really thought of them to be particularly bass heavy. If anything they'd be around average at best.. I'd probably say that the Alesis M1 Mk2's were a more bass heavy monitor than anything from the M-Audio range.

In answer to your question though, I believe that they should do perfectly fine in your use case. I'd use them over the A2's, saying that however the BX5's only accept either an XLR or 1/4 jack input to each speaker instead of the single Phono input on the A2's. 

Don't know why but i like the av40's over the BX5's

I have them and they are really good. They produce a flat sound and are super clear.

Also they are some of the best looking speakers in my opinion

They do look really nice and small too.