Limit Wifi bandwidth usage on one PC

Lavachyste

Hello,

I have a small connection here. One of the PC is in Wifi. When this specific PC is using internet that have some kind of heavy usage on the wifi bandwidth, the line connection get very slow.

I would like to limit the usage of wifi bandwidth on that PC. Note that this command is NOT possible on the router as the provider does not allow that on their router.

Is there a process in Windows 10, to set the limit for the wifi usage on that PC? It's a line with about 6Gb on internet speed. I'd like to give that pc in wifi a very small amount of that.

Thanks in advance

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

12 minutes ago, manikyath said:

6Gb of internet speed? uh...?

I'm thinking they meant either 6Mbps or they have a monthly allotment of 6GB of data.

Either way, the only way to really limit that I can think of right now would be to go into the adapter settings and force it on 802.11b or something.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yes sorry 6Mbps.

I think there is something that can be done directly on the wifi controler of the PC, but not sure how. The router does not have ANY option to limit wifi speed.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Are you able to create a second SSID from the router and then set a speed limit on that?

20 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Are you able to create a second SSID from the router and then set a speed limit on that?

nope

37 minutes ago, Lavachyste said:

nope

I use this program called Selfishnet it's made for Vista but has worked fine on Win 10 for me. The download site is REALLLLYYY sketchy so be careful but it works wonders when I'm trying to watch videos or play comp on CS whilst my family is hogging the internet.

39 minutes ago, Lavachyste said:

nope

I can re-upload it to Google Drive for you if you don't want to dl it from those sketchy ass websites lol.

13 hours ago, Kryptic BladeZz said:

I can re-upload it to Google Drive for you if you don't want to dl it from those sketchy ass websites lol.

What's the software use for? what does it do exactly?