Noob here, doing a brake job. Need some help choosing the parts.

Please don’t kill me because this is probably really simple. I have an 08 Accord and it’s about time to change the brakes and rotors. I have done brake changes themselves in autobody shops before but for my own car, I need to know how to choose the actual parts, the specifications and etc. I am in Canada and the first thing that came up when I Googled “Brake rotors” is tdotperformance.ca. The site seems quite legit and well known looking. However, I don’t know if the prices are the best etc. The thing I’m most concerned about is regarding which brake pads to choose. I have filled in the car make and model and year into the website and I’ve picked out the rotors, but I don’t know which brake pads to choose, how to interpret the dimensions of the brake pads and how to know if they’d work with my car’s calipers (and also how to interpret and determine the size of my car’s rotors for that matter). Any help for this noob would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

It's really just as simple as you described it. Just look up the pads by vehicle. Only thing to be mindful of is whether or not you're buying front or rear brake pads (rear calipers are smaller than the front since front brakes do the majority of the braking). If you're changing both front and rear, you'll want a set of front pads and a set of rear pads.

http://www.tdotperformance.ca/2008-honda-accord-parts/performance-parts/brakes?p=1&part_type_filter_multi%5B0%5D=4927

For a regular car, I'll usually just go into my local Advance Auto Parts/Autozone/O'Rileys (or whatever your local parts store in Ontario is) and get their brand of brake parts. That way I can easily exchange the item if I accidentally get the wrong part.

5 minutes ago, TopDollar said:

It's really just as simple as you described it. Just look up the pads by vehicle. Only thing to be mindful of is whether or not you're buying front or rear brake pads (rear calipers are smaller than the front since front brakes do the majority of the braking). If you're changing both front and rear, you'll want a set of front pads and a set of rear pads.

http://www.tdotperformance.ca/2008-honda-accord-parts/performance-parts/brakes?p=1&part_type_filter_multi%5B0%5D=4927

For a regular car, I'll usually just go into my local Advance Auto Parts/Autozone/O'Rileys (or whatever your local parts store in Ontario is) and get their brand of brake parts. That way I can easily exchange the item if I accidentally get the wrong part.

Ahh thank you, i'll look into that :)

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler