Is this a good build???

Wrong link. Permalink on top of the build list is what you want.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Not the 980 SLI just get a 1080 for that money 

Did you comment your own list? :)

I clicked the first link and was like: ooo, this is eerily familliar... wait.

1 minute ago, IsFyx said:

Did you comment your own list? :)

Idk xD I never made the list that came up, but you'll need more storage then just that 240gb SSD get a 1TB HDD too

4 minutes ago, PotMcSmokeAlot said:

Ok that CPU cant overlcock so go with a B150 motherboard instead, otherwise it looks pretty ok

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

No. What´s your budget and goal for the build?

omm idk cos I live in Croatia so I don't really know but ye around that same price...

I would steer away from the 390, not just because of my preference for the green team, but also because nvidia just launched new cards, so amd cant be that far behind.

Trying to be objective I would recommend buying a cheaper card (or bide your time with on-board), then buy from the new generation regardless of what team you are on.

From personal experience though, the flip side of the AMD coin is that you trade stability for the cheaper option. On paper they might be equivalent power at lower price and higher heat. But when you go to actually turn the system on, its easier to keep it on with team green. No fan-boy, speaking from personal experience.

3 minutes ago, IsFyx said:

I would steer away from the 390, not just because of my preference for the green team, but also because nvidia just launched new cards, so amd cant be that far behind.

Trying to be objective I would recommend buying a cheaper card (or bide your time with on-board), then buy from the new generation regardless of what team you are on.

From personal experience though, the flip side of the AMD coin is that you trade stability for the cheaper option. On paper they might be equivalent power at lower price and higher heat. But when you go to actually turn the system on, its easier to keep it on with team green. No fan-boy, speaking from personal experience.

ye I was gonna wait and see what is the price of 1070 like in my country,tho it shouldn't be that much more then the 390

1 minute ago, PotMcSmokeAlot said:

ye I was gonna wait and see what is the price of 1070 like in my country,tho it shouldn't be that much more then the 390

I built a system a few weeks ago. What I did was get a used GTX 670 (approaching five years old), with overclock I get performance in between the 950 and 960 at 1080p. I bet it will keep up until the next Ti card drops, and then Ive got some time to save up for it in between :)

You are shooting a bit high with that PSU though, especialy if you are considering to switch the 390 for a 1070, if you do that you could easily get away with 500W if not less

1 minute ago, IsFyx said:

You are shooting a bit high with that PSU though, especialy if you are considering to switch the 390 for a 1070, if you do that you could easily get away with 500W if not less

Its no use having more than a 50-100W margin above what you actually use, the only reason to go higher than that is if you get a good deal on a modular or higher rated PSU that just happens to have a higher wattage than needed too.

I went with a 650W when I only needed 450W, but that was only because I got the 650W with modular cables and gold rating, for only 10$ more than the non-modular bronze 450W I was originally going for

3 hours ago, PotMcSmokeAlot said:

3 hours ago, IsFyx said:

I built a system a few weeks ago. What I did was get a used GTX 670 (approaching five years old), with overclock I get performance in between the 950 and 960 at 1080p. I bet it will keep up until the next Ti card drops, and then Ive got some time to save up for it in between :)

If we're talking about being objective, you should wait for Polaris then.