"VLC adds support for 4K video playback with latest update, mobile apps refreshed as well"

TopWargamer

Yes I know madVR is the best and is why I also personally use it when ever I can. I have done so since it quite early stages. Well there are basically all of the things that come with it being Direct3D based so it acts pretty similarly to a game in may respects. It basically comes down to watching anime plus doing something else on the same PC at the same time. There are also some little quirks like if your marathoning a series you have to make a play list other wise it will exit full screen and just stop at the end of a file.

I've never had any issue with anything like that. I pretty much always have a video playing while playing games and such, without any issues. As for marathoning shows that's not really related to madVR. Under "fullscreen" which is under "playback" in MPC-HC options there is a setting which says "Exit fullscreen at the end of playback" which is on by default. Turn that off and it should be just fine. In order to play the next video when one video ends you have to turn it on by pressing "Play" -> "After Playback" -> "Play next in the folder". When I have both those things configured then I don't have to use playlists to play several files in a row in fullscreen.

I have had 2 PCs one mine and one a friends where xySubFilter just wont work and show subs but xyVSFilter would. Its not even in the filter chain so its like it was never loaded, weird right? With my systems I config them all fairly similarly so that was quite odd. Its not unexpected really as its beta.

Probably not installed correctly, or maybe some piece of software is outdated and therefore not compatible.

With my systems I config them all fairly similarly so that was quite odd. Its not unexpected really as its beta. Prior to Media Player Classic - Home Cinema being called MPC-HC there were times where things just didnt work sometimes for any reason that you could track down and the only way that I could find to fix it at times was to do a complete reinstall of windows. Now this wasnt too bad usually because I install MPC-HC and my decoders shortly after the drivers but that didnt mean it wasnt annoying.

I am going to be pedantic here.

MPC-HC has always been called MPC-HC. They quite recently (probably less than a year ago) changed the name on the shortcut and the .exe file, but even before that it was called MPC-HC, and the program's name is still Media Player Classic Home Cinema. It's even in the titlebar for the program still. Anyway, I have never had any issue like that. I once had an issue where file association got messed up (when they changed the name of the exe Windows still looked for the old exe, and I couldn't just go "open with..." and then select the new one from the browser for some reason). Just had to edit the registry though to point to the new .exe. Other than that it has always worked flawlessly for me. Now that KCP is up-to-date and have had all the issues ironed out you just need to run a simple installer (remember when you had to install xy-vsfilter through cmd?) and everything is fixed by itself.

I still don't see any reason to use the 64bit version of MPC-HC...

I've never had any issue with anything like that. I pretty much always have a video playing while playing games and such, without any issues. As for marathoning shows that's not really related to madVR. Under "fullscreen" which is under "playback" in MPC-HC options there is a setting which says "Exit fullscreen at the end of playback" which is on by default. Turn that off and it should be just fine. In order to play the next video when one video ends you have to turn it on by pressing "Play" -> "After Playback" -> "Play next in the folder". When I have both those things configured then I don't have to use playlists to play several files in a row in fullscreen.

Probably not installed correctly, or maybe some piece of software is outdated and therefore not compatible.

I am going to be pedantic here.

MPC-HC has always been called MPC-HC. They quite recently (probably less than a year ago) changed the name on the shortcut and the .exe file, but even before that it was called MPC-HC, and the program's name is still Media Player Classic Home Cinema. It's even in the titlebar for the program still. Anyway, I have never had any issue like that. I once had an issue where file association got messed up (when they changed the name of the exe Windows still looked for the old exe, and I couldn't just go "open with..." and then select the new one from the browser for some reason). Just had to edit the registry though to point to the new .exe. Other than that it has always worked flawlessly for me. Now that KCP is up-to-date and have had all the issues ironed out you just need to run a simple installer (remember when you had to install xy-vsfilter through cmd?) and everything is fixed by itself.

I still don't see any reason to use the 64bit version of MPC-HC...

yes i figured it out for the after a bit poking and "Exit fullscreen at the end of playback" was the culprit but if you can leave that on if you wish

Yes installed correctly conflicting with something else probably because once my PC was redone it worked properly. i have no clue what it was conflicting with though.

i forget which version it changed on but the name changed, so di the website and so did the project on the places hosting it. there was a change in developers working on the project that led to this if i remember this is also why since then we have gotten a ton a really usefull features that wernt there before or were even mentioned that they were being developed. Yes I remember registering every filter using command prompt and much much more.

If you cant use madVR why not use it?