Ark Survival Evolved (And possibly other games) slight FPS increase

Shimejii

So i was testing a few things out in ark for my YouTube channel, and i was messing around with some settings when i wanted to see if my FPS would dramatically increase if i just had gameplay @ 1080 instead of my native 1440p. I did it and went Eh not worth it and switched it back to 1440p, when i noticed my average fps was almost 15-20 fps higher than before. I tabbed out and tried it again, same result, i go from 35-43 fps to 53-61 in some areas, and 45-55 to 65-79. I think it may have to do with going fullscreen mode instead of full screen windowed, and having to actually fully enable it by doing the refresh of the resolution settings. If you guys want to test this out and see if you obtain similar results in this game or others, please post! i am very interested to see if anyone has similar results or if its just a weird thing with ark. 

16 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

So i was testing a few things out in ark for my YouTube channel, and i was messing around with some settings when i wanted to see if my FPS would dramatically increase if i just had gameplay @ 1080 instead of my native 1440p. I did it and went Eh not worth it and switched it back to 1440p, when i noticed my average fps was almost 15-20 fps higher than before. I tabbed out and tried it again, same result, i go from 35-43 fps to 53-61 in some areas, and 45-55 to 65-79. I think it may have to do with going fullscreen mode instead of full screen windowed, and having to actually fully enable it by doing the refresh of the resolution settings. If you guys want to test this out and see if you obtain similar results in this game or others, please post! i am very interested to see if anyone has similar results or if its just a weird thing with ark. 

ark is terribly optimized so probably just something to do with ark

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

4 minutes ago, crysilis said:

ark is terribly optimized so probably just something to do with ark

yes i know ark is horribly optimized : ( so i was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience in other games