help coding

shooter2749

so i want to use javascript to put in my text (about one entire page) and make it appear the same way as if you hold a letter in word (do you understand?)

No, I don't understand. Maybe sketch a picture?

Is this for a website (So, HTML and CSS involved)?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

1 minute ago, HPWebcamAble said:

when you type something you can see the letters appear but with this i want to see the letters of my text appear but without using the keyboard and just by launching the code ...

3 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

and no its just for a school project

3 minutes ago, shooter2749 said:

when you type something you can see the letters appear but with this i want to see the letters of my text appear but without using the keyboard and just by launching the code ...

are you trying to say "i want a program that types text for me" ?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If i understood correctly, while typing in code you want it auto update website with that code? like live change?

Just now, Enderman said:

are you trying to say "i want a program that types text for me" ?

yeah! i want to put my text in the codes and the text will appear automatically when launching the program

1 minute ago, shooter2749 said:

yeah! i want to put my text in the codes and the text will appear automatically when launching the program

can you not use copy paste?

you can use autohotkey to make a script that just types whatever you want when you press a special key

that would be a lot easier than making a 3rd party program to input into another program

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Kind of like the "Typewriter" effect in powerpoint?

How is this being displayed? On a website...? Not sure where else Javascript is used

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

2 minutes ago, kmanchine said:

If i understood correctly, while typing in code you want it auto update website with that code? like live change?

no

i want to create a code that will write the text whem the program is launched (its not for a website or anything)

7 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

How is this being displayed? On a website...? Not sure where else Javascript is used

I think this is what OP's going for, yes.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

20 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think this is what OP's going for, yes.

27 minutes ago, shooter2749 said:

no

i want to create a code that will write the text whem the program is launched (its not for a website or anything)

28 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

ok so i found what i was looking for 

@Echo off
title Typewriter effect :)
echo H
ping 0.0.0.0 -n 1.5 > NUL
cls
echo He
cls
echo Hel
cls
echo Hell
cls
echo Hello?
cls
echo Hello? A
cls
echo Hello? An
cls
echo Hello? Any
cls
echo Hello? Anyo
cls
echo Hello? Anyon
cls
echo Hello? Anyone
cls
echo Hello? Anyone?
pause >nul

the text is appearing letter by letters but for an entore text its gonna be too long to do.... do you have any way to make the process faster???

Certainly, don't type it out every time.  Make a string, and then run a loop that echos a certain number of letters from that string, increasing each time.

Better yet, rather than clearing and reechoing the entire string each time, just run a loop that echos each letter one after the next with a delay

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Certainly, don't type it out every time.  Make a string, and then run a loop that echos a certain number of letters from that string, increasing each time

what?? sorry im a newbie

2 minutes ago, shooter2749 said:

what?? sorry im a newbie

I know you want javascript and this is c++ but the principle is the same:

string my_text = "Hello this is a test string";

for (int i = 0; i < my_text.size(); i++) {                               
	echo my_text[i];
    sleep(10); // or some amount
}

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I know you want javascript and this is c++ but the principle is the same:

string my_text = "Hello this is a test string";

for (int i = 0; i < my_text.size(); i++)
                                   echo my_text[i];

thank (and im actually doing it on cmd so forget java (im gonna try c++))

thank (and im actually doing it on cmd so forget java (im gonna try c++))

just fyi java and javascript are totally different things, and if you want to do this in a webpage I think javascript is the best bet

just fyi java and javascript are totally different things, and if you want to do this in a webpage I think javascript is the best bet

i actually just need to display the message on the screen and not doing any website thing

i actually just need to display the message on the screen and not doing any website thing

Then for me I'd use C++ or Flash, or even a BASH script, since I know those, but I'd advise you use what you know best.  Even though this is a very easy example that could be done in any language in about the same amount of time I think :)

Then for me I'd use C++ or Flash, or even a BASH script, since I know those, but I'd advise you use what you know best.  Even though this is a very easy example that could be done in any language in about the same amount of time I think :)

thank you for all the help