i really need help in upgrading my pc

jgk

hey there , thanks for reading my thread here , i really need help , in upgrading my pc , im a noob at this so sorry if i sound like i have no idea about anything , so these are my specs, i72600k at 3.4-3.7 Ghz, 8 gb ram, 64 bit, windows 7 ultimate ,direct x 11 , gpu;ati radeon hd5400 series 4 gb , internal hard disk :1.0 tb western digital , cooler master fan , my psu is the cooler master elite power 400 watts , my monitor is samsung 2043 swxplus ( a normal lcd monitor , and my keyboard and mouse are normal office type mouse and keyboard , how can i upgrade this pc or is this pc a waste? i saw usb 3.0  was written on the motherbard and hdmidx10.1 written on the motherboard as well , how can i upghrade this pc so that i can play at 1080 p and 60 fps at least? please help me , i know im  a noob but with your help i can upgrade this pc guys , thank you all so much

my budget is around 500 to 700 dollars , cause i have some money with me and im gonna work starting next month , so yeah , and thanks again guys

22 hours ago, jgk said:

my budget is around 500 to 700 dollars , cause i have some money with me and im gonna work starting next month , so yeah , and thanks again guys

gtx 970 and find an i5 in the 4000 series, and a mobo that suits your needs