Is this normal with a 980ti?

TonyTheNain

Hello!

So my gaming is based on GTA V and Rainbow Six: Siege.

For 1 week now, i have some problems with Rainbow Six: Siege

While i play this game, i mainly get 50-60 celcius. My settings: v-sync (1 picture... there is the option for 2 pictures), 144hz maximum, everything on ultra high and msaa x2 and msaa x4 (x4 when i can...)

I don't know if it's a drivers problem, if i need to overclock my card or simply it's like that, but when i only have msaa x2, i'm getting a lot of fps drops. When i turn msaa off, i sometimes drop in fps.

Does someone know what i should do to solve the problem? Should i make my gpu fans (3) turn at 100% of their force and overclock to solve the problem?

3 minutes ago, Fourmi Kill3r said:

Hello!

While i play this game, i mainly get 50-60 celcius. My settings: v-sync (1 picture... there is the option for 2 pictures), 144hz maximum, everything on ultra high and msaa x2 and msaa x4 (x4 when i can...)

I don't know if it's a drivers problem, if i need to overclock my card or simply it's like that, but when i only have msaa x2, i'm getting a lot of fps drops. When i turn msaa off, i sometimes drop in fps.

Does someone know what i should do to solve the problem? Should i make my gpu fans (3) turn at 100% of their force and overclock to solve the problem?

specs?

install ddu and reinstall new drivers?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, SeanAngelo said:

specs?

install ddu and reinstall new drivers?

Specs under the post

36 minutes ago, Fourmi Kill3r said:

Specs under the post

Did you answer his second question?

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

13 hours ago, Fourmi Kill3r said:

Specs under the post

did you do what i said on the second question?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

15 hours ago, Fourmi Kill3r said:

Hello!

Turn extended view all the way down in advanced options and see if you still experience frame drops. If you still do then i have no clue. If you don't then that means its a cpu bottleneck. Extended view in gta 5 has been known to kill performance cpu wise. Many would ridicule this but the cpu optimisation on gta 5 is a joke.

Download openhardwaremonitor or some sort of monitoring software to check your loads.  Both games have several locations that are incredibly demanding/unoptimized that will cause drops in performance.

At the very least you'll be able to narrow it down to one component.  

On 26 mai 2016 at 4:29 AM, SeanAngelo said:

did you do what i said on the second question?

Yep and it doesn't help