Haswell Ready?

Acee

Are the Seasonic S12II 520W and the Seasonic M12II-520 EVO Haswell Ready PSUs?

Also, will they work with Haswell or Skylake CPUs by disabling c6/c7?

Neither are "ready", but they'll work.

They are not "Haswell Ready" in accordance to the testing methodology that Intel set. That methodology has the 12V rail rail loaded to 0.15A with a max load on the 3.3V / 5V rail.  This would be putting the PSU in a crossload scenario, where the voltages of group-regulated design PSUs like the two Seasonics you had listed, typically, go out of ATX specs. If it violate specs, it's not "Haswell Ready".

However, the likelihood that you would put the PSU in such a scenario on a modern day setup is rather slim; and even if it does cause you problems, you can simply disable it in the BIOS as you had stated.

If you are looking to buy a PSU, providing a budget and a link to the store you can buy from would be helpful in providing an alternative.

13 minutes ago, quan289 said:

They are not "Haswell Ready" in accordance to the testing methodology that Intel set. That methodology has the 12V rail rail loaded to 0.15A with a max load on the 3.3V / 5V rail.  This would be putting the PSU in a crossload scenario, where the voltages of group-regulated design PSUs like the two Seasonics you had listed, typically, go out of ATX specs. If it violate specs, it's not "Haswell Ready".

However, the likelihood that you would put the PSU in such a scenario on a modern day setup is rather slim; and even if it does cause you problems, you can simply disable it in the BIOS as you had stated.

If you are looking to buy a PSU, providing a budget and a link to the store you can buy from would be helpful in providing an alternative.

Can I get a link for that test?

I looked over JohnnyGuru's review and his standby test was good.

2 hours ago, StainlessSR said:

Can I get a link for that test?

I looked over JohnnyGuru's review and his standby test was good.

The higher wattage units 650w+ models (DC-DC regulated) are different from the lower wattage 380-620w (group-regulated).

Here's the info regarding Intel's testing methodology. It is similar to the Crossload 1 test in this review: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story3&reid=185

The review has a higher 12V load (a lower load in accordance to the test above should result in a higher 12V reading - making it more out of specs), but you can see that it exceeded the +/-5% limit on the 12V rail.

Here's another example of the HCG-620M (based on the same GB platform as the S/M12II-B). https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/HCG-620M/6.html 

You could see that during high load on the 3.3/5V rail with a low load, there's an instance that the 12V went out of specs, while the voltages the 5V pretty much went out of specs.

In both instances, they wouldn't be "Haswell-Ready" in Intel's eyes. But like I have said, you probably wouldn't have an issue with it in the real world (not only you not going to maxed out the minor rails, there's are other components such as the GPU that is drawing from the 12V as well) but if you do, there's a setting you can turned off.