Fan placement help "Corsaid 750D"

Lucas9825

I'm building a new pc this week and I need help deciding what type of fans should be mounted, and should it be intake or exhaust. 

I'm trying to get best airflow possible...

fanhelp.jpg

I owned a Corsair 750D and would honestly advocate against it unless you're going for some crazy watercooling or multi-GPU setup that can benefit from such a massive case.

I had 2x 140mm front intake (AF)

2x 120mm top exhaust (SP - Radiator)

1x 120mm rear exhaust (AF)

And nothing on the bottom.

I would recommend something like the Corsair 450D if you like the aesthetic of the 750D as it's smaller and cheaper but with virtually the same capabilities, only less empty space. Alternatively, cases like the NZXT H440, Corsair 400C, Fractal Define S or Phanteks Enthoo Evolv are all cheaper and better.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

To get the BEST airflow, I'd use two intake fans on the front and bottom of the case, and two exhaust on the top and one on the back.

The real question is do you NEED that many fans? Probably not. I'd be that the 3 fans that come with the case are fine

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

1 minute ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

I owned a Corsair 750D and would honestly advocate against it unless you're going for some crazy watercooling or multi-GPU setup that can benefit from such a massive case.

I had 2x 140mm front intake (AF)

2x 120mm top exhaust (SP - Radiator)

1x 120mm rear exhaust (AF)

And nothing on the bottom.

I would recommend something like the Corsair 450D if you like the aesthetic of the 750D as it's smaller and cheaper but with virtually the same capabilities, only less empty space. Alternatively, cases like the NZXT H440, Corsair 400C, Fractal Define S or Phanteks Enthoo Evolv are all cheaper and better.

ah, I see I see... only problem is that I've already purchased the case and I just need to know what case fans I should be targeting atm.

1 minute ago, HPWebcamAble said:

To get the BEST airflow, I'd use two intake fans on the front and bottom of the case, and two exhaust on the top and one on the back.

The real question is do you NEED that many fans? Probably not. I'd be that the 3 fans that come with the case are fine (This is the Corsair Obsidian 750D correct?)

Correct, It's the corsair obsidian 750D

Front and bottom anywhere there's a filter should be intake. Exhaust is mostly irrelevant. 

The intake priority is to ensure positive pressure so the only air going in is through the filters, this  keeps dust out.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

1 minute ago, Lucas9825 said:

ah, I see I see... only problem is that I've already purchased the case and I just need to know what case fans I should be targeting atm.

Correct, It's the corsair obsidian 750D

Ah. Unless you feel like you're able to exchange it you're kinda stuck with it then. Moving from the Obsidian 750D to my Fractal Design Define S was the best thing I ever did.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

3 minutes ago, unidentical said:

Front and bottom anywhere there's a filter should be intake. Exhaust is mostly irrelevant. 

The intake priority is to ensure positive pressure so the only air going in is through the filters, this  keeps dust out.

With this case, there is no filter on the bottom where the x2 120mm fans can go.... should I still go on about installing 2 of them there or no?

1 minute ago, Lucas9825 said:

With this case, there is no filter on the bottom where the x2 120mm fans can go.... should I still go on about installing 2 of them there or no?

I would only put fans on filtered intakes, if the bottom mounts don't have a filter then I'd say no. 

I stuck to this philosophy with a build I did in a Silverstone case, left it on the floor as a media PC for 2 years. Opened it up for the first time since I built it just last week and the inside was spotless. 

3 filtered intake, one exhaust.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

3 minutes ago, unidentical said:

I would only put fans on filtered intakes, if the bottom mounts don't have a filter then I'd say no. 

I stuck to this philosophy with a build I did in a Silverstone case, left it on the floor as a media PC for 2 years. Opened it up for the first time since I built it just last week and the inside was spotless. 

3 filtered intake, one exhaust.

gotcha, I'm not to sure if it'd make a difference or not but should I be leaving the 2 drivebays im not going to be using in the case or not? will it affect airflow / benefit it??

the bays in the bottom~

5 minutes ago, Lucas9825 said:

gotcha, I'm not to sure if it'd make a difference or not but should I be leaving the 2 drivebays im not going to be using in the case or not? will it affect airflow / benefit it??

the bays in the bottom~

I'd take them out, but I wouldn't expect it to make any difference one way or another. 

As for type of fans, AF are fine for chassis, the only time you need static pressure is when air needs to overcome the resistance of a dense heatsink or radiator.