What is Denuvo ???

hmmrthelegend
Go to solution Solved by Drunken Savior,

Denuvo is a piece of anti-tamper software that protects the .exe file.  In many cases, modders will alter the .exe file of a game to allow for complex mods to function.

[Edit]  Denuvo doesn't prevent all modding, just mods that need the .exe file altered.  MGSV, Just Cause 3, and Dragon Age: Inquisition all have mod scenes to varying degrees.

As for your other question (Does Denuvo affect the performance of games?), it's hard to say if it affects any game significantly.  Anything running on your PC in tandem with games can affect performance, but it's unknown if Denuvo has had any major impact (the early SSD rumors were virtually proven false as no one has been able to successfully recreate the problem after it was discovered and many people, myself included, looked for excessive writing to the storage device when playing Denuvo protected games).  However, many games that run Denuvo have been very good, in terms of performance, such as MGSV and Mad Max.  And so far, the newest Denuvo protected game, Doom, doesn't seem to suffer from being a badly optimized PC game.  So my gut tells me that any performance impact Denuvo has is very, very minimal and that badly optimized games, like Arkham Knight, are at the fault of their developers and not Denuvo.

what is denuvo and why does the modding community hates it like they hate it to the very core.

is it true that denuvo affects the performance of pc games?ie.Batman Arkham knight,justcause 3,totalwar warhammer,rise of tomb raider(windows store edition)

3 minutes ago, hmmrthelegend said:

what is denuvo and why does the modding community hates it like they hate it to the very core.

is it true that denuvo affects the performance of pc games?ie.Batman Arkham knight,justcause 3,totalwar warhammer,rise of tomb raider(windows store edition)

a quick google will tell you what it is. The modding and pirating community hates it because the game will not longer work if tampered with at all therefore no modding and pirating. As for performance others may know more than me

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

It is a DRM developed by ex-crackers. 

It's an annoyance for modders. For pirates, well... maybe they should purchase the game instead.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I don't know if this will be the case, but Creative Assembly have said in the Steam forums that Denuvo won't interfere with modding Total War: Warhammer.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Denuvo is a piece of anti-tamper software that protects the .exe file.  In many cases, modders will alter the .exe file of a game to allow for complex mods to function.

[Edit]  Denuvo doesn't prevent all modding, just mods that need the .exe file altered.  MGSV, Just Cause 3, and Dragon Age: Inquisition all have mod scenes to varying degrees.

As for your other question (Does Denuvo affect the performance of games?), it's hard to say if it affects any game significantly.  Anything running on your PC in tandem with games can affect performance, but it's unknown if Denuvo has had any major impact (the early SSD rumors were virtually proven false as no one has been able to successfully recreate the problem after it was discovered and many people, myself included, looked for excessive writing to the storage device when playing Denuvo protected games).  However, many games that run Denuvo have been very good, in terms of performance, such as MGSV and Mad Max.  And so far, the newest Denuvo protected game, Doom, doesn't seem to suffer from being a badly optimized PC game.  So my gut tells me that any performance impact Denuvo has is very, very minimal and that badly optimized games, like Arkham Knight, are at the fault of their developers and not Denuvo.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU