Rugged Gaming Rig Build

Hello! 

I'm a truck driver and soon will begin trucking long distance, which means I will mostly be home on the weekends, so I need a gaming/content creation rig to ride with me in the truck. This means it will have to safely withstand constant vibration and jolts as well as be power efficient, compact and easy to move. I plan to build my own laydown case (case suggestions are still welcome) with additional supports to secure both ends of the GPU. The hardware I'm planning on is:
ASUS H81M-E motherboard,
Intel Core i5-4690k,
cooler master geminll s524 V2 CPU cooler,
kingston hyper X DDR3 8gb kit 1600MHz red,
EVGA supernova 650w g1 Power supply, (If anyone knows of a suitable PSU that accepts 12V input please let me know, I'd also like suggestions on a good power inverter.)
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Wi-fi card,
ASUS Strix GTX960 4GB OC graphics card,
Western Digital Black 3TB hard disk drive. (I've already been told a SSD is more vibration friendly than a HDD but am still open to suggestions)
I'm looking for comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism on this idea.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, PFTW1995 said:

Hello! 

I'm a truck driver and soon will begin trucking long distance, which means I will mostly be home on the weekends, so I need a gaming/content creation rig to ride with me in the truck. This means it will have to safely withstand constant vibration and jolts as well as be power efficient, compact and easy to move. I plan to build my own laydown case (case suggestions are still welcome) with additional supports to secure both ends of the GPU. The hardware I'm planning on is:
ASUS H81M-E motherboard,
Intel Core i5-4690k,
EVGA supernova 650w g1 Power supply, (If anyone knows of a suitable PSU that accepts 12V input please let me know, I'd also like suggestions on a good power inverter.)
Western Digital Black 3TB hard disk drive. (I've already been told a SSD is more vibration friendly than a HDD but am still open to suggestions)

Thank you.

Case? What's your budget? 

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Case? What's your budget? 

he/she said he was going to make one

8 minutes ago, PFTW1995 said:

Hello! 

ASUS H81M-E motherboard,
Intel Core i5-4690k,

Thank you.

I would do a Skylake build for better upgradability in the future. Try an i5-6500 and get a h170 board(anyone will do just get one with features you will use.)You also need DDR4. All the other parts you have will work fine

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

1 minute ago, rowanhazard said:

he/she said he was going to make one

Oh. Well, okay then. My other questions still stand.

1 minute ago, Stevoisboss said:

I would do a Skylake build for better upgradability in the future. Try an i5-6500 and get a h170 board(anyone will do just get one with features you will use. You also need DDR4. All the other parts you have will work fine

Actually, if he's planning on content creation, I'd recommend the 1231v3 over the 6500.

What's your budget? And if you're going on the go, a would highly recommend an SSD over an HDD, although the problem is huge, it won't be ANY problem if you go solid state ;) if you're content creation you want hyper threads so go for like a Xeon 1231v3 or get an unlocked i7.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Budget is <1500usd but would like the keep it as low as possible witch is why I was going DDR3. looking for case suggestions, something compact, made of metal, sturdy, and fairly cheap.

Thanks for all the input.

I would defiantly say upgrade to a SSD if you can, any form of vibration inst going to be good for a traditional HD.

If your going to build a a case yourself then perhaps have a look to see if its possible to put some form of anti vibration system in place>? Small springs which the MB tray hangs on or i would do some research in to anti-vibration mounts which are used on custom build drones nowadays as they are excellent and can take the majority of shake out of a camera mount so perhaps will work for something like this also?