usb ports works only in bios

Fofila

I've just finished to build my first pc(spec below).

I'm trying to install Windows 7 through an external DVD player but it freeze after few seconds after Windows 7 files are extracted.

I've installed the os on the ssd through another pc and now it starts but once started no one usb ports works, neither ps/2.

I think the pc deactivates the input ports but I don't know how and why...

BIOS works fine and either mouse and keyboard work...

Is there something that I forgot to do?

My build:

-ASRock Fatal1ty h170

-Intel Core i5-6400

-16Gb DDR4 2133hz

-EVGA 500W PSU

-ASUS AMD R9 380 4gb

-Samsung SSD 850 250Gb

are you sure its just usb ports? I mean with no I/O how are you checking that the system isn't just freezing?

If that is the case it may be the drivers, or a bad install, or a bad iso

Have you used the cd before or is it from a reputable seller? If not it may be a bad install media 

Can you install from usb instead of the external drive, since its usually better and easier to install on the target computer? 

If you can get some i/o or even remote connection working you may be able to adjust the settings or install drivers, but if all input is disabled I doubt that will work.

Have you tried safe mode?

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1) why are you installing windows 7? use windows 10

2) dont install an OS using a different PC

if the disk didnt work then use a USB drive to install windows

3) try installing your motherboard drivers

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 hours ago, RedWulf said:

are you sure its just usb ports? I mean with no I/O how are you checking that the system isn't just freezing?

If that is the case it may be the drivers, or a bad install, or a bad iso

Have you used the cd before or is it from a reputable seller? If not it may be a bad install media 

Can you install from usb instead of the external drive, since its usually better and easier to install on the target computer? 

If you can get some i/o or even remote connection working you may be able to adjust the settings or install drivers, but if all input is disabled I doubt that will work.

Have you tried safe mode?

The CD is ok, I've used it before and works.

I'm sure that is not freezing because if I try to install xubuntu there's an icon that keeps spinning.

I've tryed to change hhd and use one with ubuntu installed but it didn't load the os... Maybe an SATA error?

No, I didn't try safe mod, I'll do soon

Thank you

7 hours ago, Enderman said:

1) why are you installing windows 7? use windows 10

2) dont install an OS using a different PC

if the disk didnt work then use a USB drive to install windows

3) try installing your motherboard drivers

I'm installing Windows 7 and then I'll upgrade to Windows 10

I've used an usb drive to install xubuntu but it didn't work

Now I'll try to install the drivers

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Fofila said:

I'm installing Windows 7 and then I'll upgrade to Windows 10

no dont

thats what causes tons of issues

just put windows 10 on a USB drive and install it, then activate with the windows 7 key you own

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020