Super Low Fan Speed

TheDev

They should run between 300~1500 RPM, usually goes full speed when putting too much work on your PC, like gaming. But if you feel your PC is getting hot and it still runs 300RPM then you should do some research.

2 minutes ago, TheDev said:

Are noctua 120mm fans ok at <300 RPM

Well depending on the version you have it may not be able to start at such a low RPM, the Noctua NF-F12 is rated to go as low as 300RPM but +/-20%. 

2 minutes ago, MentalBlank said:

They should run between 300~1500 RPM, usually goes full speed when putting too much work on your PC, like gaming. But if you feel your PC is getting hot and it still runs 300RPM then you should do some research.

Thanks for the info, I can not fined anything on the lowest speed of the fan, but also it nothing to do with heat. I have a server motherboard and if 1 fan goes under 300RPM it thinks its failed and increases all the others to 100% and holy balls it loud. 

2 minutes ago, TheDev said:

Thanks for the info, I can not fined anything on the lowest speed of the fan, but also it nothing to do with heat. I have a server motherboard and if 1 fan goes under 300RPM it thinks its failed and increases all the others to 100% and holy balls it loud. 

Check to see if you can change the low RPM warning or setting in the BIOS of that motherboard many will have that just in case to ensure if the cooling fails it gives a warning or such. 

14 minutes ago, W-L said:

Well depending on the version you have it may not be able to start at such a low RPM, the Noctua NF-F12 is rated to go as low as 300RPM but +/-20%. 

I think staring up the fans will be ok as my board annoying for the first 20 second of boot it has all of the fans at 100%

Edit: i have NF-F12

1 minute ago, TheDev said:

If your fans has 3 pin and your motherboard support fan controlling then you can use software to controll it also check your bios if you can change it from there, if it is on auto then i would leave but you can always use manually.  :)