Aftermarket Thermal Paste w/ Stock Cooler

nimitzpro

Should I use Arctic Silver thermal paste with the i5 4690k stock cooler? I heard rumours that it would cool it better but I don't have enough money for a separate cooler.

Any thermal paste will do. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

thermal paste doesn't play a huge role in most cases. a cooler though can lower temps quite a bit.

3 hours ago, nimitzpro said:

Should I use Arctic Silver thermal paste with the i5 4690k stock cooler? I heard rumours that it would cool it better but I don't have enough money for a separate cooler.

Thermal paste is a must for any cooler to fill in any gaps or irregularities in the metal of the IHS and cooler but in general the Arctic Silver stuff is good.  

5 hours ago, nimitzpro said:

It'll be better than the stock paste, but only by a couple degrees C at best. Unless you're delidding, thermal paste doesn't really make a ton of difference. 

Are you planning to overclock your 4690K? If so, I highly recommend you find at least the $35 it'd take to get a Cryorig H7 or Deepcool Gammaxx 400.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

7 hours ago, aisle9 said:

It'll be better than the stock paste, but only by a couple degrees C at best. Unless you're delidding, thermal paste doesn't really make a ton of difference. 

Are you planning to overclock your 4690K? If so, I highly recommend you find at least the $35 it'd take to get a Cryorig H7 or Deepcool Gammaxx 400.

I will in the future when I need to but by then I'll get a cooler, was just wondering if the paste would keep the fan a bit quieter, I heard it's loud when hot