Condensation due to temp

Hi, I'll be living in a place where seasons such as winter might cause condensation on my water cooler. I usually don't keep my heater on while I'm outside, but when I turn the heater on, I'm worried it'll cause condensation and mess up my hardware. I know that temp changes causes condensation, so if the temp changes from ~5C˚ to ~40C˚ while gaming, there probs will be condensation. Also, there's a very slight chance that the water might freeze in one of those supercold days. What should I do and is my 'theory' correct? (I don't hear people saying "damn winter caused condensation on my computer and killed it")

Never had a issue with it neither in the summer when it,s very hot or winter whwn it,s cold but i live in the netherlands ;)

PC || CPU - I5 3570K @4.5ghz|| Motherboard - Asrock Z77 extreme 4 || CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 || RAM - 1x8GB Vengeance Blue - XPG Adata 2x4GB's (16GB) || Graphics card - EVGA GTX 970 superclocked ACX 2.0 SLI || Storage- SEAGATE FIRECUDA 1TB ||PSU- Corsair AX750 watt gold rated|| Case- NZXT 340 WHITE

It will never happen unless you're using sub-zero cooling device or some extreme setup with hude radiatiors and super fast fans.

Lower temps will always be near or above your room temp (in case of normal liquid cooling regime).

1 minute ago, paprikman said:

It will never happen unless you're using sub-zero cooling device or some extreme setup with hude radiatiors and super fast fans.

Lower temps will always be near or above your room temp (in case of normal liquid cooling regime).

Yes and No...  I agree that you will not have condensation, BUT subzero is not the issue.  Any temperature bellow ambient can cause condensation not just bellow zero.   You could stick the whole thing in a freezer that is sub zero and since ambient is sub zero there would still be no condensation on the computer.

As far as freezing?  I am sure some form of antifreeze could be added to prevent freezing when the computer is off... a

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

Not sure about the condensation but as for the freezing, most coolant like Mayhems X1 has a freezing point of -8C so unless you think it will get that cold or colder you wouldn't have to worry.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

linus has a video where he builds a pc in a freezer he states that you cannot use your pc when under ambient temprature because of condesation this is when the pc was running in the freezer after shutting down you have to wait till the temprature is above ambient.

PC || CPU - I5 3570K @4.5ghz|| Motherboard - Asrock Z77 extreme 4 || CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 || RAM - 1x8GB Vengeance Blue - XPG Adata 2x4GB's (16GB) || Graphics card - EVGA GTX 970 superclocked ACX 2.0 SLI || Storage- SEAGATE FIRECUDA 1TB ||PSU- Corsair AX750 watt gold rated|| Case- NZXT 340 WHITE

39 minutes ago, ryanmmax said:

Yes and No...  I agree that you will not have condensation, BUT subzero is not the issue.  Any temperature bellow ambient can cause condensation not just bellow zero.   You could stick the whole thing in a freezer that is sub zero and since ambient is sub zero there would still be no condensation on the computer.

As far as freezing?  I am sure some form of antifreeze could be added to prevent freezing when the computer is off... a

Did you actually read my post? I typed, that there won't be any regular case, in which he would get temps below ambient ones.

37 minutes ago, GtaSeriesFan said:

linus has a video where he builds a pc in a freezer he states that you cannot use your pc when under ambient temprature because of condesation this is when the pc was running in the freezer after shutting down you have to wait till the temprature is above ambient.

He was speeking with respect to opening the freezer...  if you open the freezer the warm air from outside comes in and instantly raises effective ambient temp above pc temp...  if you dont open the freezer you are fine...

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm