WINDOWS 7 OEM

FOSHIZZLE

Hi I am a pc noob and I am planning to buy an oem version of windows 7 pro but i will only get a product key or a license key ( like in the video but not from kinguin)

and i have to use the usb method to install it sooo.. what im concerned about is will i still get updates for my os, and can i upgrade into win10 or win8. thats all :D

5 minutes ago, FOSHIZZLE said:

you can upgrade to windows 10 but not for long. i think you have like 2 weeks left. hurry dude

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Just now, ChrisCross said:

you can upgrade to windows 10 but not for long. i think you have like 2 weeks left. hurry dude

ty for that but i think im gonna pass the upgrade to win 10 for now. what im concerned about is will i get updates win7 updates 

15 minutes ago, FOSHIZZLE said:

Hi I am a pc noob and I am planning to buy an oem version of windows 7 pro but i will only get a product key or a license key ( like in the video but not from kinguin)

and i have to use the usb method to install it sooo.. what im concerned about is will i still get updates for my os, and can i upgrade into win10 or win8. thats all :D

Yes u can still upgrade to windows 10 for free. The time expires sometimes in June I believe. 

So what u do is: download win 7 ISO from a reliable source (MS doesn't keep it on their website anymore..).

Put it on the flash drive (it need to be formated for windows installation).

When u install 7 u activate it and then go on MS website, download their OS creation tool and it will download win10 onto your USB stick and it will prepare it for installation. Then u can install win 10 from your USB stick and use same license key u used for win 7 and u got locensed win 10 on your machine :)

OEM keys only work on 1st PC they are installed on so u can't use it if u build a new PC in couple of years time. Ucan reinstall OEM windows with no problem.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, FOSHIZZLE said:

ty for that but i think im gonna pass the upgrade to win 10 for now. what im concerned about is will i get updates win7 updates 

only security updates until 2020, but for windows 7 users it's really a good thing to go windows 10, mainly because of the security support ending and because of dx12 :)

1 minute ago, mikat said:

only security updates until 2020, but for windows 7 users it's really a good thing to go windows 10, mainly because of the security support ending and because of dx12 :)

And because it's still free upgrade for few more weeks then it's 100+ dollars for win 10...

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, FOSHIZZLE said:

yeah but only for a couple years i think. also dx12 is probably not coming to windows 7. i would go with windows 10 for sure.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

6 minutes ago, FOSHIZZLE said:

ty for that but i think im gonna pass the upgrade to win 10 for now.

just go straight for 10 :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

4 minutes ago, mikat said:

uhh if ever windows7 will release their SP2 can i update my os or nah

17 minutes ago, FOSHIZZLE said:

uhh if ever windows7 will release their SP2 can i update my os or nah

There will never be SP2 for windows 7. Only security batches. Win 7 is already way beyond end of sales and past it's mainstream support period which in layman's terms means, there will be no more new functions or features, only security updates. Here's more on the lifecycles.

The free upgrade period from Vista/7 to 8/8.1 has long since ended. You can still (and you certainly should) upgrade to Windows 10 especially if your computer is relatively new. The free upgrades to Windows 10 will end in a few months (July 29th). You should at least try it. It keeps your shit and you can revert back to 7 during the first month if you like. At least benchmark your machine. Win 7 can be a bit of a bottleneck.

8 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

There will never be SP2 for windows 7. Only security batches. Win 7 is already way beyond end of sales and past it's mainstream support period which in layman's terms means, there will be no more new functions or features, only security updates. Here's more on the lifecycles.

The free upgrade period from Vista/7 to 8/8.1 has long since ended. You can still (and you certainly should) upgrade to Windows 10 especially if your computer is relatively new. The free upgrades to Windows 10 will end in a few months (July 29th). You should at least try it. It keeps your shit and you can revert back to 7 during the first month if you like. At least benchmark your machine. Win 7 can be a bit of a bottleneck.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-comes-through-with-rollup-of-updates-and-fixes-for-windows-7/

:)

1 hour ago, Thony said:

Yes u can still upgrade to windows 10 for free. The time expires sometimes in June I believe. 

So what u do is: download win 7 ISO from a reliable source (MS doesn't keep it on their website anymore..).

Put it on the flash drive (it need to be formated for windows installation).

When u install 7 u activate it and then go on MS website, download their OS creation tool and it will download win10 onto your USB stick and it will prepare it for installation. Then u can install win 10 from your USB stick and use same license key u used for win 7 and u got locensed win 10 on your machine :)

OEM keys only work on 1st PC they are installed on so u can't use it if u build a new PC in couple of years time. Ucan reinstall OEM windows with no problem.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7 is this not the iso file???

8 minutes ago, FOSHIZZLE said:

Try it, last time i checked it wasnt there