Best places to try and sell a pc?

Drunk_Klaus

I've tried craigslist and only get people offering me $800 when the gpu is worth more than that. Ebay has a $500 sell limit for new sellers. Are there any other sites you'd recommend? I'm going to post it on here when I get my posts to 100.

3 minutes ago, Drunk_Klaus said:

You should list your specs. It's probably not worth what you think. 

Craiglist or the classifieds here.

Just now, Drunk_Klaus said:

So recently I decided I want to downgrade my desktop. I've tried craigslist and only get people offering me $800 when the gpu is worth more than that. Ebay has a $500 sell limit for new sellers. Are there any other sites you'd recommend? I'm going to post it on here when I get my posts to 100.

what are the specs of the PC? 

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

Gotta list your specs. It's probably not worth what you think. 

i7 6700k, 980ti hydro copper in a custom loop with 120mm rad

32gb ddr 4 2400mhz

750gb 840 evo

250gb 850 evo

MSI Z170I GAMING PRO AC mobo

550w gold psu

corsair 250d

maybe overestimated a little bit but still over 2k I think

1 minute ago, Drunk_Klaus said:

i7 6700k, 980ti hydro copper in a custom loop with 120mm rad

32gb ddr 4 2400mhz

750gb 840 evo

250gb 850 evo

MSI Z170I GAMING PRO AC mobo

550w gold psu

corsair 250d

maybe overestimated a little bit but still over 2k I think

Maybe 1.5k-2k. Try eBay or Craigslist. 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

2 minutes ago, Drunk_Klaus said:

That'll end up being $2,200 new, and used (even if it's recent) has a dropoff. I'd say it's $1,700-$1,800. The people offering you $800 are idiots. 

Unless you're desperate for the cash I'd hold on. That's a fairly new system and you'll take a big hit on what you paid for it. Give it time and It will downgrade all by itself.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

17 minutes ago, Drunk_Klaus said:

So recently I decided I want to downgrade my desktop. I've tried craigslist and only get people offering me $800 when the gpu is worth more than that. Ebay has a $500 sell limit for new sellers. Are there any other sites you'd recommend? I'm going to post it on here when I get my posts to 100.

You can try selling in parts rather than all at once. the 980ti has dropped significantly with the release of pascal, and the SSDs you should consider keeping for your next PC, as those will offer you the biggest noticable difference. You can sell the CPU, MOBO, and cooler together for like 500$, and then sell the ram seperately as well.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

23 minutes ago, Drunk_Klaus said:

Put it on the classified on the forums.

You could try craigslist, but that's unlikely, as people go to craigslist for cheap stuff

Where I live, there is a huge annually tech auctions, where people sell things from Pentiums to $25000 pc's. 5% commission tho

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

You're going to rely on luck to sell it as a whole. Everyone is 1080 crazy so the people who don't follow tech news won't understand the value, and the one's who do won't get past it not having Pascal.

And the gold rating on the power supply doesn't mean shit, it's the brand and model that matter.

EDIT, and where are you and how much for the 250g 850? Seriously interested if you part it out.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I highly recommend you not to use Ebay. The main reason is that shipping is really annoying. I would definitely try to sell locally first. My friend sold a computer on Ebay via FedEx (his first mistake) and they broke part of the computer during shipping. What's worst is that they didn't honor the insurance claim.  My friend packaged the computer really well but they still managed to break it.

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W |