Is this stuff okay for cleaning off thermal paste

Go to solution Solved by Trey222,

I have used straight water before. Not suggested but it worked just fine. Your stuff is perfectly ok to use. 

Hello everyone,

Being my hypochondriac self I need confirmation that stuff would be okay to clean off thermal paste.

Thank you. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

It'll do... 99% would be preferable, and shouldn't be hard to find. But you can use 70% as well.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Just now, Imakuni said:

It'll do... 99% would be preferable, and shouldn't be hard to find. But you can use 70% as well.

I just use those little towelette wipes/alcohol wipes.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

I just use those little towelette wipes/alcohol wipes.

Another viable option.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

its fine, i used gasoline last time i needed to clean thermal paste and that worked fine, wouldent recomend using gasoline tho, lots of fumes. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

19 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

I've looked for 99% but I can't find it anywhere and I need it like now. As long as this will do, then this will do :)

I have used straight water before. Not suggested but it worked just fine. Your stuff is perfectly ok to use. 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

23 minutes ago, Webber said:

I've looked for 99% but I can't find it anywhere and I need it like now. As long as this will do, then this will do :)

For the future: At least here in Germany you can buy 99% isoprop. alcohol in pharmacies. 100ml cost usually about 1-3 Euro depending where you buy it.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home