Is this GPU ok for this motherboard?

Go to solution Solved by Megazero,
5 minutes ago, BlackJesusGravy said:

Hi there! How are you people? Hope you are fine! 

My brother wants to buy this GPU: Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380X 4GB ; and he has this mobo: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 (has a PCIe v2.x graphic interface); and PSU of 500watts. Would he be able to install that GPU in that MOBO? (sorry i'm that of a noob)

Thanks for the help! Cheers!

It will work fine with virtually no impact on the performance as far as the GPU x Mobo combo goes. I'm not sure about the PSU though. 500W is a bit on the low side.

If you want to read more about PCI E speed vs GPU performance...
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-PCI-E-Speed-on-Gaming-Performance-518/

My brother wants to buy this GPU: Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380X 4GB ; and he has this mobo: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 (has a PCIe v2.x graphic interface); and PSU of 500watts. Would he be able to install that GPU in that MOBO? (sorry i'm that of a noob)

5 minutes ago, BlackJesusGravy said:

It will work fine with virtually no impact on the performance as far as the GPU x Mobo combo goes. I'm not sure about the PSU though. 500W is a bit on the low side.

If you want to read more about PCI E speed vs GPU performance...
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-PCI-E-Speed-on-Gaming-Performance-518/

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

The graphics card will work fine.. 

Just make sure your powersupply can handle it, although PCPartpicker says it should be fine.

3 minutes ago, Megazero said:

It will work find with virtually no impact on the performance as far as the GPU x Mobo combo goes. I'm not sure about the PSU though. 500W is a bit on the low side.

Would 600 or 700 watts be enough?

Just now, BlackJesusGravy said:

Would 600 or 700 watts be enough?

Strictly speaking, 500W is barely enough. 600W would definitely be fine for 1 GPU. So you can try it with the current PSU

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

2 minutes ago, Megazero said:

Strictly speaking, 500W is barely enough. 600W would definitely be fine for 1 GPU. So you can try it with the current PSU

I will probably buy a 600w, the 500w is 5/6 year old! Thanks for all the replies! Cheers!

5 minutes ago, starwarsguy99 said:

The graphics card will work fine.. 

Just make sure your powersupply can handle it, although PCPartpicker says it should be fine.

Thanks for the reply! Cheers!