When do you think after market cards for the 1080 will come out?

Im planning to get a 1080 for my build and I had hoped to have all the parts by the 9th-ish of June. With the reference card or founders coming on the 27th- when would you think we'd see after market cards coming up?

1 minute ago, Laroacha Nova said:

Im planning to get a 1080 for my build and I had hoped to have all the parts by the 9th-ish of June. With the reference card or founders coming on the 27th- when would you think we'd see after market cards coming up?

Late june, early july. Just like the 980ti launch this time last year.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

200_s.gif

We have as much information on the subject as you do. Which is another way of saying "no one knows / is allowed to tell you".

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

Late june, early july. Just like the 980ti launch this time last year.

Okay, thanks- I wasnt following the tech space much when the 980 line came, so I was unsure, thanks

Has Nova in their name, Timber Wolf in their avatar. Do I detect a MechWarrior?

There should be a few at launch, ZOTAC and MSI both have whispers that speak of this. nothing confirmed yet.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

Has Nova in their name, Timber Wolf in their avatar. Do I detect a MechWarrior?

There should be a few at launch, ZOTAC and MSI both have whispers that speak of this. nothing confirmed yet.

Mechwarrior 3 and Mechwarrior 4 mercenaries were my childhood games aha- oh I see, I was wondering if there were any rumors about this kinda stuff, hopefully they are true :0

Mechwarrior 3 and Mechwarrior 4 mercenaries were my childhood games aha- oh I see, I was wondering if there were any rumors about this kinda stuff, hopefully they are true :0

If you ever want to completely lose and resemblance of a normal life you have, join us at MechWarrior Online. It's Nvidia country so that 1080 will work perfectly.  

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

If you ever want to completely lose and resemblance of a normal life you have, join us at MechWarrior Online. It's Nvidia country so that 1080 will work perfectly.  

Ive tried it out, not too extensively, but ive had some fun for sure! :)

I think the aftermarket coolers and launch will be based on which board partners are ready to go.  I know I bought my 980TI's on launch with the ACX 2.0 from EVGA.

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

4 minutes ago, StealthArsenal said:

I think the aftermarket coolers and launch will be based on which board partners are ready to go.  I know I bought my 980TI's on launch with the ACX 2.0 from EVGA.

Okay, good to know, thank you 

30 minutes ago, StealthArsenal said:

Ahh see I was thinking of the aftermarket pcb versions. I never recommend buying reference PCB models.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I think JayzTwoCents said something about asking if there were any after market coolers lined up and I'm pretty sure there are going be plenty available at launch. 

49 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Ahh see I was thinking of the aftermarket pcb versions. I never recommend buying reference PCB models.

Why? My Hybrid has Samsung memory and overclocks to 1500,hz on the core. Plus there is better water block support for a reference PCB.

53 minutes ago, HalogeniC said:

I think JayzTwoCents said something about asking if there were any after market coolers lined up and I'm pretty sure there are going be plenty available at launch. 

That rings a bell with me too- couldn't remember until you said something though, thanks