Is corsair dominator platinum compatible with this board?

Go to solution Solved by Naeaes,

According to Corsair.com it's fine.

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

either is fine with that motherboard, it supports up to 3800Mhz aparently

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Most companies have a list of supported memory for each board on the support page for the specific board in question, check there. I mean most mainstream memory from popular brands is compatible with most boards so you probably wont have an issue, but it pays to double check.

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Most companies have a list of supported memory for each board on the support page for the specific board in question, check there. I mean most mainstream memory from popular brands is compatible with most boards so you probably wont have an issue, but it pays to double check.

I tried, but I don't know where to look for memory compatibility for that asus board.

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

1 minute ago, Xtreme Gamer said:

I tried, but I don't know where to look for memory compatibility for that asus board.

Usually their website is a good start. Go to the page for your board and look for compatibility, tech specs, or support.

ASU

4 minutes ago, KSores said:

I know someone named xtremegamer

Are you the same xtremegamer?

Not really sure how to respond to that.

It depends on where you know me/him from

1 minute ago, KSores said:

U play minecraft and have a youtube of over 1500 subs?

I have never played minecraft and that is just a coincidence.

For the YouTube channel, This is my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-PFSW79ACJxI8z5OKd4A_g

2 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

According to Corsair.com it's fine.

Thanks for that link. Never saw/found it before.