Lian-Li PC-08S Custom Loop Build

This is my second build log on this forum, the first being a bit more than 3 years ago, but nevertheless, it's time for something new.

o8-main-1.jpg?resize=800%2C317

*Picture from Lian-Li Website

Here's the part list and the status for each:

Case: Lian-Li PC-08S (Acquired)

CPU: Intel I7-6900k (Unreleased)

GPU: Nvidia 1080GTX (x2) (Unreleased)

MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix x99 (Not Acquired)

RAM: 64Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800 (Not Acquired)

PSU: Corsair AXi1200 1200W (Not Acquired)

Storage: (1x) 1Tb Western Digital Caviar Black HD (Acquired)

(2x) 256Gb Samsung 850 pro (Raid 0) (Acquired)

(1x) 500Gb Samsung EVO (Acquired)

Radiators: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper X-Flow 360mm (Acquired)

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper X-Flow 240mm (Acquired)

Pump/Reservoir: XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/ D5 Pump Combo (Acquired)

CPU Block: EK Supremacy Evo x99 (Not Acquired)

GPU Block: TBD

Tubing: TBD

Fittings: TBD

It will take awhile to finish the build, since I have to at least wait until the last couple parts release, but I figured some people might be interested in watching the progress.

I'll post pictures when I got home from work later today of the things I've already ordered and received.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, killz2much said:

Case: Lian-Li PC-08S (Acquired)

CPU: Intel I7-6900k (Unreleased)

GPU: Nvidia 1080GTX (x2) (Unreleased)

MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix x99 (Not Acquired)

RAM: 64Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800 (Not Acquired)

PSU: Corsair AXi1200 1200W (Not Acquired)

Storage: (1x) 1Tb Western Digital Caviar Black HD (Acquired)

(2x) 256Gb Samsung 850 pro (Raid 0) (Acquired)

(1x) 500Gb Samsung EVO (Acquired)

Radiators: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper X-Flow 360mm (Acquired)

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper X-Flow 240mm (Acquired)

Pump/Reservoir: XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/ D5 Pump Combo (Acquired)

CPU Block: EK Supremacy Evo x99 (Not Acquired)

Looks like a fantastic build in the makings!  

I see that the RAM hasn't been acquired yet.  Consider G.Skill TridentZ 3200 C14 as it's consistently the fastest RAM you can use for x99 currently (not opinion, but fact).  You're using some pretty high end stuff so I'd hate for you to find out later that there was something better.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

64GB..... Why!? 32GB is more than enough and cheaper. Also, you don't need such an overkill PSU either. 850-1000W will give you more than enough wattage. Also, wait for benchmarks on the 1080s before buying them please. 

Great call on the PSU.  It'll be serious overkill for a 1080 SLI, even eventual 2 x 8pin OC models. 

Was considering this case but it's to small for what i need to do ,But will say this looks great and glad to see some 1 doing a build in it.

good to see how this goes. And the price.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.270V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Great call on the PSU.  It'll be serious overkill for a 1080 SLI, even eventual 2 x 8pin OC models. 

Believe it or not, this is already a downgrade from the PSU I currently have in my SLI 780 build, have an 1500W PSU in that guy haha. It's not all that more expensive then the lower wattage models and the fanless operation and aftermarket cable support is great.

For crying out loud my PSU is more than enough for 4 gpu's little own ,his 2x 1080's xd. even with 10 fans and 15 HHD's xd.

Grab a 1k PSU and you will be more than fine. why do they even make em this big haha.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.270V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Believe it or not, this is already a downgrade from the PSU I currently have in my SLI 780 build, have an 1500W PSU in that guy haha. It's not all that more expensive then the lower wattage models and the fanless operation and aftermarket cable support is great.

I'm "that guy" too bud!  1600w T2, but damn sure don't need it. 

Be prepared for some slightly above average temps.  A good buddy of mine has a 5930k build with a 360/240 rad setup and his x99 setup gets a bit warm during overclocking.  The fresh air supply to his front 360mm isn't the greatest.  It looks damn good though.

3 hours ago, loony979 said:

For crying out loud my PSU is more than enough for 4 gpu's little own ,his 2x 1080's xd. even with 10 fans and 15 HHD's xd.

Grab a 1k PSU and you will be more than fine. why do they even make em this big haha.

Some folks just love overkill!

18 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

64GB..... Why!? 32GB is more than enough and cheaper. Also, you don't need such an overkill PSU either. 850-1000W will give you more than enough wattage. Also, wait for benchmarks on the 1080s before buying them please. 

On the side of playing games, I also (somewhat) regularly record/make videos with Sony Vegas and use a couple VM's for application development.

But mostly because I need to fill up each dim slot (Because I don't like the look of them being empty) and 4gb sticks seemed weak (If you know what I mean, it doesn't really matter, but yeah....). I was looking at different ram though, so I might change it to something else.

On the side of playing games, I also (somewhat) regularly record/make videos with Sony Vegas and use a couple VM's for application development.

But mostly because I need to fill up each dim slot (Because I don't like to look of them being empty) and 4gb sticks seemed weak. I was looking at different ram though, so I might change it to something else.

The TridentZ RAM I recommended comes in a matching 8 stick set too.  I have 32GB now, but I will be going to 64GB when I move to Broadwell-E.  It's illegal in my state to run a 10 core with anything less than 64GB.

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

The TridentZ RAM I recommended comes in a matching 8 stick set too.  I have 32GB now, but I will be going to 64GB when I move to Broadwell-E.  It's illegal in my state to run a 10 core with anything less than 64GB.

Good call, I'll take a look and will update if I change my mind!

Thanks!

Good call, I'll take a look and will update if I change my mind!

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing this thing go together.  Good luck.