My graphics card have a littlebit coil whine should I sell with that problem?

happyleonardo14
Go to solution Solved by Imakuni,
4 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

I have a graphic card with the coil whine problem What do you think should I do?

Sell with that problem and specify in the description or just keep the graphic card?

If you intend on selling it, there's no real need to mention. Even if you were buying brand new, there would be a chance for whine.

Besides, it depends on what you do with it. For example, mine has whine on 1 specific app that very few people use, so I'd expect a buyer to never notice that.

I have a graphic card with the coil whine problem What do you think should I do?

Sell with that problem and specify in the description or just keep the graphic card?

4 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

If you intend on selling it, there's no real need to mention. Even if you were buying brand new, there would be a chance for whine.

Besides, it depends on what you do with it. For example, mine has whine on 1 specific app that very few people use, so I'd expect a buyer to never notice that.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Coil wine is not a "problem" per se unless it's obnoxiously loud.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

5 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

Sometimes coil whine is caused by PSU's. You can go ahead and advertise, coil whine doesn't hurt the card but when you say it makes noise the buyer may not experience the same noise. It could be different. It could be completely gone.

29 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Sometimes coil whine is caused by PSU's. You can go ahead and advertise, coil whine doesn't hurt the card but when you say it makes noise the buyer may not experience the same noise. It could be different. It could be completely gone.

I just want to get a silent graphic card :/

3 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

Don't use it, then. No noise with no usage Kappa

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

9 hours ago, happyleonardo14 said:

That is kinda like the silicon lottery. Except the odds are stacked against you. Both my Radeon HD 7970's produced coil whine, Currently both my R9 290X's produce coil whine (This is across two different PSU's). However they only make noise when under load, at idle or in a browser they're silent...unlike my PSU which produces coil whine all the time T_T...a Corsair AX1200i and it has mad coil whine. Sometimes it's quiet sometimes it's outrageously loud, thankfully my headphones drown out the buzzing sound very well.