Are these parts compatible?

Go to solution Solved by MimigaKing,
11 minutes ago, L0gic said:

I am currently in the works of buying some ekstra parts, (already got the PSU, CPU and GPU) but tho have have cheked for compatibility, i wish to be 100% sure. 
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790, Socket-LGA1150.
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti FTW Edition. 

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB 2.5" OEM.

Mobo: ASUS B85M-G, Socket-1150.

PSU: Cooler Master B600 VER.2, 600W PSU.

Case: Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ITX, Mini-Tower red. 

Just me or does it look like the motherboard is ATX, and not MATX (microatx)? 
It just looks larger. 

Feel free to submit suggestions on parts changes inside the same price-range. (already got the PSU, CPU and GPU.) 

Thanks for all answers and feedback. 

Your don't have any memory in that list... 

I'd HIGHLY recommend you swap that Kingston V300 for preferably a Samsung 850 EVO. V300 are some of the worst SSD on the market

6 minutes ago, FuriousGamer said:

All compatible, next time you want to know use Pcpartpicker or just look the parts up. That mobo is Micro-atx so it will fit your case.

You sure about that? His mobo is MicroATX but the case state support only for MiniITX. Pretty sure it isn't compatible...

31d7e1d9c93084986db8362b91273641.png

I am currently in the works of buying some ekstra parts, (already got the PSU, CPU and GPU) but tho have have cheked for compatibility, i wish to be 100% sure. 

It just looks larger. 

Feel free to submit suggestions on parts changes inside the same price-range. (already got the PSU, CPU and GPU.) 

Yes, the username is cringe. 

Use the website PCPartPicker, it will tell you if there will be any compatibility issues. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

12 minutes ago, L0gic said:

It just looks larger. 

All compatible, next time you want to know use Pcpartpicker or just look the parts up. That mobo is Micro-atx so it will fit your case.  No your motherboard is Micro-ATX while your case only supports Mini-ITX. My bad thought the case said something else. 

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

11 minutes ago, L0gic said:

It just looks larger. 

I'd HIGHLY recommend you swap that Kingston V300 for preferably a Samsung 850 EVO. V300 are some of the worst SSD on the market

All compatible, next time you want to know use Pcpartpicker or just look the parts up. That mobo is Micro-atx so it will fit your case.

You sure about that? His mobo is MicroATX but the case state support only for MiniITX. Pretty sure it isn't compatible...

It should look something like this ( Couldn't find the PSU on the list).  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mLrBgs

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Thanks, i tried looking on pcpartpicker, but i was not able to find the tool.
Happy about the mobo fitting, but does it not look to big? 
I cant get the PCIe slot to fit with the brackets. 

Store page picture:

2720519.jpg

My attempt to match it in Photoshop: (PCI slot does not line up with the brackets.) 

76c.png

Just now, MimigaKing said:

You sure about that? His mobo is MicroATX but the case state support only for MicroITX

I thought mITX and mATX is used interchangeably. 

3 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I thought mITX and mATX is used interchangeably. 

Nope, two totally different sizes. Mini-ITX is yellow, Micro-ATX is dark orange

b3d1a71fa73b1be61112bb5a87b24c03.png

3 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

Ups, forgot that. 
Got some DDR3 ram laying around, so i guess they are compatible. 
I can get the SSD almost new from a friend for 40 USD, so i think i will still be going with it. 
(also got a HDD, also forgot to mention that. xD) 

Just now, MimigaKing said:

Nope, two totally different sizes. 

Thanks for informing me on that.

4 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

You sure about that? His mobo is MicroATX but the case state support only for MicroITX

Ty you are correct, I thought it said something else.

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

2 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

Nope, two totally different sizes. Mini-ITX is yellow, Micro-ATX is dark orange

I actually thought that Mini-itx was larger than Micro-Atx. 

Thanks for the help, 
will the ASUS H81I-PLUS, Socket-1150 fit with it all instead of the other mobo? :)

1 minute ago, L0gic said:

I actually thought that Mini-itx was larger than Micro-Atx. 

Thanks for the help, 
will the ASUS H81I-PLUS, Socket-1150 fit with it all instead of the other mobo? :)

yes, that motherboard would be compatible with your CPU and Case

5 minutes ago, L0gic said:

Ups, forgot that. 
Got some DDR3 ram laying around, so i guess they are compatible. 
I can get the SSD almost new from a friend for 40 USD, so i think i will still be going with it. 
(also got a HDD, also forgot to mention that. xD) 

please no, the V300 is a literal scam just read.... 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

1 minute ago, MimigaKing said:

yes, that motherboard would be compatible with your CPU and Case

Thanks for the help!
Now i got it all lining up, and i can make an illusion. :)
76c.png

2 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Oh ok, did not think that it was that big a problem.
Lucky me for getting the samsung evo on my other pc. :)

Guess that i will try to find a Samsung Evo instead then. :)

1 minute ago, L0gic said:

Oh ok, did not think that it was that big a problem.
Lucky me for getting the samsung evo on my other pc. :)

Guess that i will try to find a Samsung Evo instead then. :)

yeh, Kingston screwed up big time, the worst part was they swapped out internal components didn't tell anyone and then just kept selling it as the v300 and used the older version for speeds. They lost a lot of customers because of it  

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

yeh, Kingston screwed up big time, the worst part was they swapped out internal components didn't tell anyone and then just kept selling it as the v300 and used the older version for speed tests. They lost a lot of customers because of it  

@MimigaKing, honestly after looking a bit on it again, i cant get it lining up (the new one, the ASUS H81I-PLUS, Socket-1150.)

If it does look to line up, then it does not fill up the entire motherboard tray, which i find weird when its only a mini-ITX build. :)

@MimigaKing, as my "beautiful illusion shows", there is some wasted space. Why would there be that on a case, with only one mobo size? 

illusion.png

10 minutes ago, L0gic said:

@MimigaKing, as my "beautiful illusion shows", there is some wasted space. Why would there be that on a case, with only one mobo size? 

I cannot say with 100% certainty but I believe it's just residual space from that GPU area. Without said space, you'd lose an inch or two of GPU length

@L0gic EDIT: Probably to give clereance for the sata cable with this plate.

f90bcac15963682aed9d3ec079cb0385.png

1 minute ago, MimigaKing said:

I cannot say with 100% certainty but I believe it's just residual space from that GPU area. Without said space, you'd lose an inch or two of GPU length

thanks. :)