I'm sorry but NF-F12's are a waste of money.

KarateHottie93
36 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

I may not have phrased the last reply properly. What i mean is a fan of that price point should not have anything someone can think its horrible. The NF-F12 not only has a higher noise level than most of the other Noctua fans at the same rpm, it also makes a serious high pitched whine if your fan curve causes it to bounce between on and off.

The worst of all is that it was suppose to cool better with the static pressure, but you know what, i tried it myself and rotated a 5 hour play through with the NF-F12 and the NF-P12. The result is that the NF-F12 actually lost out by 6 degree,,,,, So you tell me, why should anyone bother with the NF-F12 when both of Noctua's NF-P12 and  NF-A15 is better?

RPM is arbitrary. Compare performance to noise instead.

What are you powering the fan off of and how were you testing the NF-F12?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

I may not have phrased the last reply properly. What i mean is a fan of that price point should not have anything someone can think its horrible. The NF-F12 not only has a higher noise level than most of the other Noctua fans at the same rpm, it also makes a serious high pitched whine if your fan curve causes it to bounce between on and off.

The worst of all is that it was suppose to cool better with the static pressure, but you know what, i tried it myself and rotated a 5 hour play through with the NF-F12 and the NF-P12. The result is that the NF-F12 actually lost out by 6 degree,,,,, So you tell me, why should anyone bother with the NF-F12 when both of Noctua's NF-P12 and  NF-A15 is better?

Yeah that's fair, compare a 120mm fan to a 140mm fan.

I think we can safely say your testing was flawed and Anandtech's conclusion is correct.

4 hours ago, Sakkura said:

The "higher SP" is a marketing term, since you're just parroting official (ie. unreliable) specs.

The chart on their website shows it's not optimized for use as a case fan, so don't complain when it doesn't wow you when you misuse it as a case fan.

Actually my specs come straight from the manufactures so I'd consider that "reliable".

Static Pressure: NF-F12 - 2.61 / JetFlo 120 - 2.72

Air Pressure: NF-F12 - 93.4 / JetFlo 120 - 95

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

1 hour ago, KarateHottie93 said:

Actually my specs come straight from the manufactures so I'd consider that "reliable".

There is no general industrial standard for testing and grading PC fans. Every manufacturer has its "own" way to test the products.

Specs from different brands cannot be compared "reliably".

6 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

A fan like the NF-F12 should not have any major defects considering its price point. 25$+ come on man, it should be perfected. 

Take the NF-P12, there is no downside to that fan, literally none. 

Even a $4000 Leica lens can have defect. Why can't a $25 fan have?

2 hours ago, KarateHottie93 said:

As I alluded to, manufacturer specs for fans are highly unreliable. And those numbers are so close anyway, even with pretty well defined testing methodology it would be within the margin of error.

1 hour ago, Deli said:

Even a $4000 Leica lens can have defect. Why can't a $25 fan have?

And, well... Hubble Space Telescope.