Mechanical Keyboard Dilemma Take 2?

handymanshandle

So a month or two ago I asked about either doing a G710, G710+ or Corsair Strafe RGB (MX Brown) I decided I wanted the Strafe RGB but now going into mid May and I have yet to start saving for the build I wanted to find somewhere to save a little money with out sacrificing anything too big of a deal. Which the keyboard is mostly a functional and aesthetic thing.

Though I felt that I'd be just fine with out RGB and a wrist rest, and if I really wanted a wrist rest the included one with the Strafe might not be all that good...

So I've narrowed it down to three keyboards. I think I have one I like the most but I want some input...

So the three keyboards are:

• Logitech G610 (MX Brown, White LED)
  • Cooler Master CMStorm QuickFire Ultimate (MX Brown, White LED)
  • Logitech G710+

The keyboard I'm leaning towards is the G610. Though I kinda like the CMStorm keyboard too.

Which one might be better? Build quality is probably what I think will be the deciding factor, does one of the keyboards have the LEDs protected from ESD or are all of them vulnerable to ESD and if an LED burns out because of that, it's just tough luck mostly? Or does one of them have more/better protection against ESD on the LEDs?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, Aytex said:

G610 looks cleaner 

I think that's largely why I'm leaning towards that one. Though the CMStorm has some "character" to it. So I mean there's that.

Logitech G610 imo

I have owned the G710+ for a couple of years and have not even considered buying a different keyboard since. The white backlighting is nice in the dark without be annoying and the typing experience is very satisfying. I have yet to have a single problem with the G710+ and I would consider myself a bit of a power user (school, gaming, and coding). The leds haven't dimmed or gone out and the mx browns are every bit as responsive as the day I bought it. There is a reason Linus uses the G710+ as his daily driver.

3 minutes ago, VOLUNTEERbrowncoat said:

I have owned the G710+ for a couple of years and have not even considered buying a different keyboard since. The white backlighting is nice in the dark without be annoying and the typing experience is very satisfying. I have yet to have a single problem with the G710+ and I would consider myself a bit of a power user (school, gaming, and coding). The leds haven't dimmed or gone out and the mx browns are every bit as responsive as the day I bought it. There is a reason Linus uses the G710+ as his daily driver.

Maybe Linus just uses it because of the orange accent :P 

Seriously though, that's cool that the LEDs haven't succumbed to what I had heard can be a problem for some backlit keyboards, more specifically the ones where the LED isn't covered or isn't done the same way Apple and other laptops do it.

I mean if the G710+ is good, in theory so should the G610?

7 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

Logitech G610 imo

I have that one in my part list, I'll look on Youtube for some videos about it.